Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Time between ceremony and reception?

2»

Re: Time between ceremony and reception?

• Options
    sreid62 said:
    I agree.  About 70% of my guests are from OOT and will be at the hotel. Plus my church is in the Little Italy district of town and there are so many things to see and the gap will give the OOtowners time to hang out in that area.  I just went to my cousin's wedding who had a large gap and it was a great time to freshen up for the receptionn, to chill and catch up with the family, we had a blast.  At the end of the day, we are all adults and can take care of ourselves, if we have to find something to do for a couple of hours, it is not the end of the world.  I think the guests understand that this is the time for the couple to take pictures.  
    I disagree.  Who needs to "freshen up" after sitting through a wedding?  All I need is to freshen up my lipstick and that is like 10 seconds tops.  If I had a hotel room I would have checked in prior to the wedding so I could get ready there.
    I detest gaps and will not do them.  I will attend the reception or the wedding (my choice, but I will RSVP appropriately) but  not both.  I don't owe you my entire day because you HAVE to have an evening reception.
  • Options
  • Options
    I am having my ceremony at 2 and cocktail at 6:30. I want the time to take pictures. If people do not like the gap, no one is forcing them to attend the church...its my wedding day and I want pictures as im sure every bride does. if my family and friends feel their weekend is too "precious" to spare the day, again they are not forced to attend!
  • Options
    I am having my ceremony at 2 and cocktail at 6:30. I want the time to take pictures. If people do not like the gap, no one is forcing them to attend the church...its my wedding day and I want pictures as im sure every bride does. if my family and friends feel their weekend is too "precious" to spare the day, again they are not forced to attend!

• Options
    JMD91986 said:

You can take the majority of your pictures prior to your ceremony.

Because my family and friends are too precious to me, I would never want to waste their day sitting around waiting for me to indulge in selfish and impolite activities.

• Options
    JMD91986 said:

I. Just. Can't.
  • Options
    JMD91986 said:
    Rude.

• Options
    JMD91986 said:
    With an attitude like yours, I wouldn't be surprised if all those who feel "not forced to attend" choose not to attend at all because they don't agree that your time is more "precious" than theirs.  This is very rude.
  • Options
    JMD91986 said:
    If I wasn't at work, I would insert a stomping feet, I want it my way gif.
  • Options
    @moemacWed30594 I couldn't find a stomping feet gif but will this work?

throwing a fit

• Options
    That's perfect Maggie. Thanks for posting it for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards