Wedding Invitations & Paper

Opinions on RSVP card wording?

Hi everyone!
Looking for some opinions here, please.
As FI is obsessed with aviation and works for the airlines (and we love to travel!) our STD's and invitations are looking like boarding passes. 
I'm trying to use as much "airline" language as possible, rather than have traditional wording simply laid out on something that resembles a pass.
The main part of the invite will be like:
NAMES
DATE
DESTINATION [name of venue]
GATE [address of venue]
BOARD TIME: [ceremony start time]

That being said, I'm not quite sure how to do the RSVP card, which I want to resemble a luggage tag.
I have "__Seats are reserved in your honor
__# Confirm Reservation 
__# Cancel Reservation"

Here's where I'm stuck. You know when you go to buy airfare, and the website says whatever you picked may be held for 24 hours? I want to play off that and say, "Seats will be held until [date]" or "Confirmations and Cancellations required by [date]" or "Reservations required by [date]".  I'm not sure if those are too harsh for a wedding, or nicely aligned with the look I'm going for.

I could soften the entire card by saying "Confirm Reservation with Pleasure" and "Cancel Reservation with Regrets" to be a little more wedding-ish.

Thoughts? Thanks! 

Re: Opinions on RSVP card wording?

• Please confirm or cancel by x date.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

• I could soften the entire card by saying "Confirm Reservation with Pleasure" and "Cancel Reservation with Regrets" to be a little more wedding-ish.

Thoughts? Thanks! 
    This! You could add the date at the top in a clever sentence.. I haven't stared enough at airline tickets to know what to put there. 

Kindly Confirm or Cancel Reservations by X Date

____ Confirm Reservation with Pleasure

____ Cancel Reservation with Regrets

image   image   image

• Thank you both! Appreciate it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards