Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

poem to honor loved ones

FI and I would like to set up a table with the wedding pictures of our parents and grandparents.  We'd also like to set up a poem with the pictures to honor them and recognize their marriages and love.  The problem I am running into is that all I can find are remembrance poems and not all of our grandparents are deceased nor are our parents.

Any search tips or poems you may have are appreciated.
I married my best friend on July 8, 2011

Re: poem to honor loved ones

• I would look for one just focused on memorial and not surrounding weddings and love.  People will get the idea.  There's a ton of poems that are usually meant for funerals or other "celebrations of life" but I think you could find one appropriate for the occasion.
  • Just do the memorial. Or have one memorial table and then another with pictures of your parents/grandparents weddings.
  • I am doing small things throughout that are reminding me of my grandfather and grandmother - both passed away this year.  Everyone knows that there would be no way I could plan the day without them being "there".  I have two floating candle holders with their names engraved and then in the candy buffet, I'll have their favorite candies with tags saying "Grandpa's favorite" and "Nana's favorite", etc.  That way, they will be remembered, but hopefully, it will bring some smiles as well.  Regardless, it will be an emotional time.  When you are going through a life change, even a happy one, and someone you want to share it with isn't there, it will pull at your heart...Good luck in finding a way that suits you.   
  • If you are really looking for poetry, try poetryspeaks.com.  They have tons there.

I agree with PPs - if you want to honor deceased loved ones, a candle or two and some photos, but also check with the still living spouses to be sure they are OK with it.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards