Flowers

When do you decide?

I am not getting married until April of 2015.  Place and dress are bought...when do you start looking for flowers?  My colors are red, white, and black so I am looking for red and white flowers....help!!

Re: When do you decide?

• Try the wedding checklist on the knot. It gives you a pretty accurate timeline to accomplish tasks.You have a while before you need to settle flowers.  The most important vendors, in my opinion, are venue, photographer, dress, dj and cake baker. AFter those are taken care of, then you go on to florists, invitations, tuxes, accesories, etc.  When you are looking for vendors, it is important to nail down vendors that have a limited amount of professionals in their field that can do the job you would like.  There are almost always many florists in an area, so you can wait until 8 or even 6 months before the wedding to tackle that.
  • This all depends on where you're getting married. I'm getting married in Miami in March '15 and a lot of places are booking up. My church is booked on all Saturdays in Jan and Feb and almost March in '15. I'm starting to research and plan to sign a contract by June (earlier if I can). A good thing about booking early is sometimes they will give you 2014 prices. 

imageimage

• I booked my florist a year in advance.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I would look into it now. Since your wedding is almost a year from now, going into flower shops around the same month you'll be married will help give you ideas on what is available and possible options. Of course I'm sure they can do custom and bring flowers in, but in April you'll be able to see what's in season first hand.
  • The venue, dress, dj, and ceremony are done...I am waiting on a bridal expo in april for the photographer because they offer a discount if you book at the show...Im totally lost for invites but i have more time for that then the flowers...thanks for all the advice!!
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Flowers was one of the last things I did...my wedding is in May and i booked my florist towards the end of January.  Not that I am suggesting waiting that long!
  • I booked my florist and paid the deposit about 9 months before the wedding, having discussed the flowers that I wanted and getting an estimate on costs.  About a month before the wedding, I am scheduled to meet with her to adjust and finalize plans for the flowers.
  • We are also getting married in April of 2015. Venue (with food/bar included), band and photographer are already booked. We are starting to make appointments for early next month for cake tastings and a couple florists to get an idea of how much they are going to cost. I was told that the sooner you get the contracts signed the better, especially for the peek wedding months because they book up quickly after the people that get engaged during Christmas/New Years start planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards