April 2015 Weddings
Options

What have you booked?

Hi ladies, I am just trying to figure out if we are behind in our planning, I think we are.  We have a venue, church, and DJ.  I don't know what I should tackle next.  We are in the middle of figuring out a photographer and videographer, if we can get them together and I don't think we will get much substantial done until spring break in March.  What have you ladies done? 

Re: What have you booked?

• Options
    We have the venue/catering and the photographer. The venue is also dual purpose in that we will be having both our wedding and reception there so that cuts out the church. I have my dress and veil already, we have the tuxedos (color,vest,shoe, the whole etc) narrowed down the guys just have to be fitted. Also the girls and I already went and looked at dresses and have it narrowed down to 3 but I found a 4th a week later that I love and want to see in person. We already bought our wedding bands as we had "bridal bucks" from when we bought my engagement band that had an expiration date. We already have our cake maker already too as she is also my boss at work. I am currently working on the block of rooms at a nearby hotel.

The only things we need is an officiant, flowers, and a DJ.....I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have the venue (ceremony and reception at the same site), photographer and cinematographer. Up next is the DJ/entertainment and then my dress (probably mid-March).
  • Options
    We have a venue in mind, but can't go look at it until my FI gets home from deployment in May. They don't have any weddings booked for this April, and nothing on their calendar at all for next April so I think we'll be okay (it's a winery). I just ordered his ring today, I have my dress, veil, and headpiece, and I have the bridesmaids' dresses and colors picked out. I also have my photographer. We will have a lot to do when he gets home this summer! :)

• Options
    Man, you ladies have me feeling behind! Have my dress, veil, etc. and just booked the ceremony/reception space. We grabbed the only Saturday in April they had left! Crazy. Up next we're looking at photographers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We booked the Church, Reception/Caterer, Cake, and Photographer in March. In June I'm going dress shopping! One year from today and I'll be a Mrs!
  • Options
    My goal was to get the big vendors booked by the year-away point. We have the venue, photographers, dress+veil, DJ, hairdresser, and officiant (family friend so that was easy).

I've planned a day in May to look at bridesmaid dresses...and then I guess we'll look at cake and flowers?

I have to book hotel rooms this week but for some reason it's stressing me out. I keep thinking I won't book enough or book too many. Sigh.
  • Options
    I have all the big vendors done and I have my dress already. Getting invites, favors, shoes, bridesmaid dresses etc. It's now just the little things I have to get done. 
  • Options
    jpm2120jpm2120 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    So far we've booked the ceremony/reception venue (they will be at the same place), the officiant, the photographer, and the DJ.  I am pretty sure which florist I'd like to use, but have yet to reach out to her.  I have an appointment to go dress shopping in June, but I plan on scheduling a few other appointments at other stores before that.  I have half of my bridal party set, but think I might ask a couple other friends--my FI only asked his best man so far.

We're looking at invite samples now and hopefully will pick something soon!

April 18, 2015 will be here before we know it!
  • Options
    So far I've booked the ceremony venue and the officiant. The exact day is a little up in the air because of a convention our officiant has to go to, but the following week is available as well, so they're willing to work with us since we're so far out and it's not a popular venue. I'm planning to dress shop in June, and I need to hop on getting a photographer since we only have 1-2 that are in our price range. I've asked my MOH (only wedding party member), but I don't think FI has asked his BM yet. We're going to have our reception at a restaurant (think rehearsal dinner style), so we haven't booked them yet. We'll probably do that in early June since we're moving into a house this month. Fake flowers = the flowers are done already! 

@jpm2120, hello date twin (potentially)!
  • Options
    jpm2120jpm2120 member
    @KeptInStitches, hello to you too potential date twin!!  You definitely seem to have a great handle on everything!  We thought about doing the reception at a restaurant too, but ended up going with a banquet hall type of place.  YAY!  (Oh and btw, are you also a yarn crafter?! :))
  • Options
    @jpm2120, I am! I knit and crochet.
  • Options
    just the venue. =) I don't plan on rushing the bookings since I'm April 1st. Very offbeat and it's a Wednesday so I know we won't be competing for vendors.
  • Options
    pick315pick315 member
    First Comment

Oh my gosh I just got engaged may 11, and we decided on April 2015. I haven't done ANYTHING yet!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Date is hammered down! I'm getting married on April 25. The conference did interfere, but oh well, no skin off our backs.
  • Options
    Dang, I haven't even looked at dresses yet! Ha. Reception and ceremony space are "booked" (we chose odd places, so there wasn't really worry about getting the right date or anything). Found a photographer I love but have to talk to him still. The DJ we want is available but I need to book him.

-shrug- I have no idea what I'm doing! Haha.
  • Options
    We just booked our photographer which was super nerve wracking because one of our two choices got booked a day after I first contacted him. So we signed the other top choice at the consultation. Also just had our florist consultation, and provided we like his proposal we'll sign him as well. This wedding planning business is crazy! I keep alternating between feeling like we're on top of things, to feeling super behind. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jpm2120jpm2120 member
    @KeptInStitches hooray for setting your date!!  I just realized the other day that the the largest conference in my field is being held 4/16-20 next year and that my wedding is right smack in the middle of that lol.  Oh well! Guess I'm not submitting any papers this year and I guess that also helps me narrow down my guest list!
  • Options
    We have most of it done..church, venue, photographer, my dress, catering, and cake. Reason being our venue is free due to future hubby being a union member, photographer amazing..check him out..tim dodd he's been on tv and in different magazines.he was our splurge.Basicly what we saved on the venue we are making up by having him. also having a friend decorate for us.i am making a brooch bouquet from family on both sides brooches.
  • Options
    We have the venue, photographer, videographer, florist, wedding bands, dresses, makeup/hair and dj. I am a little ahead though because I've been engaged over a year. We fell in love with our venue and picked the date they were available and we could afford! I saw the book and they had weddings booked 2 years in advance!
  • Options
    Update: so we have our venue (comes with catering and bar), my dress and veil, rings, my mom has her mother of the bride dress, we have our DJ booked, have our honeymoon booked, block of rooms started, tuxedos picked out, I already know who will do my hair as she is the same lady that always colors and cuts my hair, we have our photographer, just had our engagement photos taken as of yesterday 7/20, and our officiant, and cake person. We have the flower quote just have to send in the deposit and I think that's it.

We have looked at bridesmaids dresses once and narrowed it down to 3 and I like 1 more that we haven't seen yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dee613Dee613 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    We have ceremony/venue, videographer, cinematographer, DJ, flowers, hotel room blocks, my dress, bridesmaids dresses and hair dresser booked….next up are mother's dresses, makeup, and honeymoon.
  • Options
    caitlinmcacaitlinmca member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Dee613 said:
    We have ceremony/venue, videographer, cinematographer, DJ, flowers, hotel room blocks, my dress, bridesmaids dresses and hair dresser booked….next up are mother's dresses, makeup, and honeymoon.
    What is a cinematographer, isn't that a video person? I by-passed all that to save money, but I'm not a movie watching person either!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a venue, photographer, dj, harpist for the ceremony, my dress (YAY), officiant, and we're waiting on the proposal from the florist. Next up on the list is videographer (maybe), bridesmaids dresses, cake, and honeymoon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dee613Dee613 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    @caitlinmca t's similar to a videographer, just a different style to the video
  • Options
    I have everything booked. The only thing I have left to do is order my favors and the guys have to pick their tux.
  • Options
    we have the all the big stuff [venue/officiant/dj/photographer/florist] are taken care of. booked the flights for our honeymoon, have my dress and MOH dress .Ordering invites in the next month or 2 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I booked my venue (food, bar, tables and chairs, linens, ceremony all included), got my dress, and booked my band/DJ. I realize I still have a lot to book. My next priorities are photographer and officiant. 
  • Options
    I still need to get the girls dresses, florist, alterations, officiate, and I think that is about it.
  • Options
    We have a tasting this weekend with the caterer for the food and cake, then next weekend we have a meeting with the floral department.  Most of our major stuff is now done - down to the details!

• Options
    Everything is booked! God that feels good to say! Next is the fun stuff like menu selection, working with the florist, ceremony musicians, officiant, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards