Favors

Bulbs or edible favors

We are having an outdoor wedding in the fall and I'm considering giving guests either nicely wrapped bulbs from Plant A Memory (iris, tulip, or daffodil bulbs), or bags of artisan chocolates. There are a handful of guests with dietary restrictions, which is why I brainstormed inedible favor ideas. How would these favors be received? Could I do a combination of both? Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Bulbs or edible favors

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I'd go with the artisan chocolates, hands down.   YUMMY!

ETA - Sorry, I was so wrapped up in chocolates I forgot to comment on the bulbs.  I'd probably plant the bulbs, but depends on the kinds.  We have lots of deer, so it would need to be deer resistant.   Overall for your guests, I don't think most men will care about bulbs (but I bet they'd eat the chocolate!).  Also, people in apartments or condos that don't have the space or ability to plant may not care about them either.  And some people just aren't in to gardening.  I really think you'll appeal to the masses by sticking to just the chocolates.
  • Thanks. Would it bother the guests who can't eat them?
  • Ginpup said:
    Thanks. Would it bother the guests who can't eat them?
    I can't speak for them, but if it were something I couldn't eat or didn't like, it wouldn't be a big deal.  You can't cater to every need......you just to your best to appeal to the masses.
  • That's true.. And chocolates probably have more mass appeal than bulbs.

• ETA - Sorry, I was so wrapped up in chocolates I forgot to comment on the bulbs.  I'd probably plant the bulbs, but depends on the kinds.  We have lots of deer, so it would need to be deer resistant.   Overall for your guests, I don't think most men will care about bulbs (but I bet they'd eat the chocolate!).  Also, people in apartments or condos that don't have the space or ability to plant may not care about them either.  And some people just aren't in to gardening.  I really think you'll appeal to the masses by sticking to just the chocolates.
    Just saw this. Thanks for commenting on the bulbs. You make some good points I had not thought of...
  • I thought about doing seed bombs but then thought about the guests that wouldn't want/be able to use them.  Anyone in a condo/apartment wouldn't have use for it, and i don't think men would really care about seeds, so i decided to go food route.  If someone doesn't like chocolate, i don't think they will be offended, they will just give theirs to someone else.  but over all i think more chocolate will be taken.
  • Chocolates will definitely have more an appeal with your guests than bulbs. I don't really like chocolate, but I'd just give them to FH or someone else (and it's not like another person will turn them down if one person doesn't like them).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards