California-Bay Area

Wedding Photographer Jackpot!

So I posted this on the local board for Northern California, but I want to help spread the word since it seems people are spending far too much money on mediocre photographers who want to try and up-sell for everything they possibly can.

In a nutshell: the adorable FI and I are getting married next year. Being the slightly-OCD person that I am, I have been obsessing over finding the right photographer. Was referred to a couple that my friends had used, base packages started at over $2500 and there were so many possible add-ons and additional charges I felt like I was buying a new car. Plus, the work I saw was not bad, but heavy on the purple sky school of re-touching. Just plain un-natural looking.

My Mom sent me this link:

Thought she was crazy but upon closer inspection the deal sounded perfect. Sent them an email and met with the lead photographer, Emerson, a couple of days later. Loved his work and I feel he understood where we were coming from and the kind of photos we wanted to take. I certainly didn't feel like I was getting some kind of "lesser" service just because I found them on a daily deal site.

The super cool part of it all was he has so much experience and kind of explained the way the wedding photography business works nowadays: there are plenty of photographer out there, the ones who have been doing it for years still charge an arm and a leg but are getting pushed out by people who buy a digital camera and call themselves "photographers". This pushes prices around but it does not improve quality. And that is what he wants to give us, timeless images.

Sorry I am rambling but it just bothers me to see people charging so much for mediocre work. If you have a sec at least check out their website: www.z-phyr.com.

If you do reach out to Emerson let him know that Becky referred you!

Bon chance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards