Wedding Party

Do I have to select a Maid of Honor?

I am only having two bridesmaids, my sister and my best friend. I can't decide if I should ask one to be my maid of honor or just have them both as bridesmaids. There is also the option of asking my sister to be my Matron of Honor and my friend Maid of Honor. Any and all advice is welcome.

Re: Do I have to select a Maid of Honor?

• Nope. I didn't. They all do the same thing anyway.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Do you have to? No way! We each have four attendants on each side - no one more "special" than the other by title. So no MOH or BM. We just really thought it best to make everyone we wanted to be a part of a day rather than rely on titles. Actually - on our wedding website - no one is listed as bridesmaid or groomsmen. In their "Position" spot - they all have fun goofy names which they are all pretty excited about and using outside of our wedding in some cases. They are our Wenches and Henchmen officially - these names were picked by the "bridesmaids" and the groom one night after a few too many drinks - but it's us so it works! Do what's best for YOU and your FI !
  • You absolutely don't have to select one of them to be the honor attendant.  With only two attendants, I could see why that would seem hurtful to the one that is not asked to be MOH.

Having both as MOH is fine, too.  
  • Thanks for the advice!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards