Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

"Cut Corners (with class)" - Another CNN FAIL

For shame, Martha!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/27/living/how-to-save-money-matrimony/index.html?hpt=hp_bn11

Recruit friends

Think of it as cost-free outsourcing.

Be ruthless with the head count

Quick tips for whittling your guest list: Omit children and coworkers (making cuts categorically is less likely to cause rifts); and when it comes to couples, invite spouses, fiances, and live-ins only.

Re: "Cut Corners (with class)" - Another CNN FAIL

• Options
    Martha Stewart should NEVER be used as an etiquette reference. She's notoriously terrible as a boss, to staff and to neighbors.
  • Options
    loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014

For shame, Martha!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/27/living/how-to-save-money-matrimony/index.html?hpt=hp_bn11

Recruit friends

Think of it as cost-free outsourcing.

Be ruthless with the head count

Quick tips for whittling your guest list: Omit children and coworkers (making cuts categorically is less likely to cause rifts); and when it comes to couples, invite spouses, fiances, and live-ins only.

Stuck in Box! (sorry just trying to figure out how to use the comment features!)

I think Martha just got infuriated by her own advice! One should think before posting on CNN.

But seriously, in these cases, I feel like people should think of how they themselves would feel in these situations. I try to live by the rule that I don't want to do anything to others that I wouldn't want done to myself. That simple statement should easily answer the question to anyone who is even considered separating couples for wedding invites!

i.e. I would feel bad is I was invited to a wedding without FI. Thus, I will not invite anyone to my wedding without their SO.

**or**

I would not necessarily want to be considered as a vendor for a friends wedding, thus I do not ask friends to be vendors for my own.

Quite simple :D

ETA: Formatting, editing and adding a bit more snark.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, not the person one should look to for gracious manners.
  • Options
    Martha is great at poaching other people's crafty ideas, but she is definitely not someone I'd look to for advice on how to be a polite host.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wow this is pretty rude and awful

Anniversary

• Options

Martha is great at poaching other people's crafty ideas, but she is definitely not someone I'd look to for advice on how to be a polite host.

She wasn't even one on any of her shows!
  • Options
    I wonder if this is the etiquette she picked up in prison...
  • Options
    LDay2014 said:
    I wonder if this is the etiquette she picked up in prison...

She picked up the "using friends for free outsourcing" idea from her own experience of picking up trash on the side of the road.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards