Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

PK's Poll - Pick Your Poison

edited February 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
You're at a Saturday evening wedding reception with a a full open bar - SCORE!! 
What are you drinking and how much? 
**Mixed drinks included neat liquors. Bc a single malt scotch isn't a shot, it's too sophisticated to be insulted like that. (My bad)
The second option for each type states you are drinking more than normal, it does not imply you are wasted, just that you will imbibe more than you would on a normal night - when you are paying or at home.
:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

PK's Poll - Pick Your Poison 160 votes

Beer - I'm a simple gal and I'm simply drinking beer and not more than a normal Saturday night
3% 6 votes
Beer - And lots of it, drinking as fast as I can without a funnel
1% 3 votes
Wine - I'm fancy like that and drinking my normal amount with my pinky out
7% 12 votes
Wine - I'm a classy broad, but not that classy, I'm several glasses above average
19% 31 votes
Mixed Drinks - Upgrade or my usual, but I'm in line with my normal rations
28% 45 votes
Mixed Drinks - I got more than a little Captain in me, along with his friends Jim, Jack & Jose! It's free drink up!
18% 30 votes
Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! - This does not require an option saying more than normal, we already know ;-)
0% 1 vote
Champagne - Got one of those big causers full? I'll swim in that b*tch! Bubbly is best
10% 17 votes
I'm wasted. I'm THAT girl. (Sorry) *or* (Sorry, I'm not sorry)
2% 4 votes
I do not like alcohol, but I like turtles (I made your turtle option more difficult this week! teehee)
6% 11 votes

Re: PK's Poll - Pick Your Poison

• Options
    What, no option for a nice Scotch?

No matter how much there is to drink, I'll probably get one single glass of Scotch or whiskey, neat.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

No matter how much there is to drink, I'll probably get one single glass of Scotch or whiskey, neat.
    Crud! I should have just said hard liquor instead of mixed drinks, my bad! I knew I was forgetting something :(

• Options
    AprilH81AprilH81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I'm not a big drinker so I would have a glass of wine as long as they had something I liked (Reisling, Pinot Grigo or Moscato).  If not I would do a vodka based mixed drink or two and then a lot of Diet Coke/Pepsi.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    I will forgive you since you did not forget the turtles.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Vodka all the way. If they have Ketel One I'll get that on the rocks with lime. If not I'll get a Captain Morgan and ginger ale (tastes just like cream soda!!!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I would probably drink whatever red they have in my normal amount unless I was driving. Then I would have one glass of wine and then switch to non alcoholic drinks.
  • Options
    Dang no Irish cream for my coffee? Actually I find at weddings I'm not an indulger because I don't like feeling that full ate/drank too much feeling especially if I'm done up all pretty :)
  • Options

I can do all of the above but I picked champagne.  I love the bubbly and don't have it that often.

Red wine is a close second

Simple mixed drink is third

Beer is fourth but might move up the list if it is craft

If I'm DD for some reason or sick my NA choice is a Shirley Temple, but I don't think I have even not been drinking at a wedding.

@buddysmom80 I love cream soda; I will have to give the Captain ginger drink a try.

• Options

@csuave you'll thank me later ;)

It's usually served with a lime too if you want to get fancy-pants.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Wine. I don't drink much normally, so I'd be "several glasses above my average", which in this case would mean two glasses over the evening tops.
  • Options
    I would be torn between my fave mixed drink and champagne because I love both.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I like sugary drinks.  I'd drink about the same as I would on a 'regular' night out.
  • Options
    grumbledoregrumbledore member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Damn you all are teetotalers. Given the option, I'd likely have 3-4 vodka sodas (assuming there was a vodka I liked available), maybe 5 if it was a really long night. Otherwise I'd drink wine, who knows how much.

ETA: Not if I was driving.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd have one or two more drinks than normal, normal being one or two drinks. So I'm drinking more, but not enough to show my hoohah on the dance floor. I'm more likely to try a new drink at an open bar, since I won't be stuck with it if I don't like it, but I'm not going to get four drinks at once and try and juggle them, or misplace my drink and just order another.
  • Options
    I'm mostly a wine person. Red if I feel like getting drunk, white if I just want to relax.

Anniversary

• Options
    I tend to over indulge in white white.  I have come to realize that when I am at a wedding (or any otehr event) where we are served rather then pour our own drinks, I drink a lot faster (so my wine doesn't get warm) and I don't realize just how much I have drank (busy talking and dancing) until it is almost too late.

• Options
    @doeydo Best sketch ever!

I'd be alternating between mixed drinks and champagne, and I'd actually probably drink a little less than I might otherwise because I wouldn't want to get sloppy. Depends on the wedding though. And I wouldn't mind if you only had beer and wine or whatever! I ain't picky about my booze.
  • Options
    I'd likely start with a cocktail (bourbon, gin martini), then switch to wine with dinner. I'm not one to turn down bubbles, though, so I'd enjoy a glass (or 3) of champagne, too ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I usually go with white wine (a glass or two more than if I was out on a regular night), since I'm lazy and most weddings I attend have bottles of red and white right there on the tables. If I'm walking to the bar anyway I sometimes go the Cosmo route. Thanks for the poll @photokitty now I want a drink!!
  • Options

Most nights I am a beer girl, any kind, preferably a nice porter. But on special occasions I'll drink wine, definitely red. And I may throw a mixed drink including rum or whiskey in there.

• Options
    AddieL73 said:
    I would be torn between my fave mixed drink and champagne because I love both.
    Ditto. I'd probably go with champagne because I don't get to drink it that often.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I put wine, normal amount. Although considering normal is 1/2 - 1 glass every month or two, I probably should have said wine more than normal because I'd probably have a glass or two and a glass of champagne.
  • Options
    I'm a beer, wine and champagne girl.    In the islands I drank  Jager, not so much anymore. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

I picked champagne because I'd drink that every day if I could (never met a bottle I didn't like). In reality, I'd probably have a glass (or three of champagne) and then switch to wine (probably red but I don't discriminate) for the rest of the night. I love a good craft beer but more when I'm at a bar or a casual dinner. Fancy dinner I go the wine route.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm happy to see we have 2 ladies among us that are THAT GIRL!
    These gifs are in your honor…whoever you may be ;-) 

• Options
    I like my mixed drinks. Last night FI and I went out to dinner and I had the yummiest thing! It was this drink with peaches and mango rum. Yummy!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Here I go

• Options
    I didn't select the "I'm wasted" option, because I won't get wasted. I will get just drunk enough to have a blast but keep my wits about me!  I will drink anything on that list and lots of it because it's free, and I'm too cheap to pay city-prices on my favorite drinks on a regular basis.

"Weddings? I love weddings! Drinks all around!"
    "- But why's the rum gone?"
    - Captain Jack Sparrow :)

• Options
    Inkdancer said:

Yep, depending on the brand of champagne and whiskey. . . I know, I know, I'm a snobby bitch. . . I would choose bubbly or scotch, one ice cube.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards