Nevada-Las Vegas

Do I need centerpieces?

So will I be totally lame if I don't put something on the tables at Mon Ami Gabi?

We will have 4 long tables for 48 people.

The room is all dark wood with red velvet drapes, very dramatic looking. The white tablecloths really give it the French Bistro feel. The restaurant will have tea lights on the tables. Low lighting. By the time they bring around bread baskets, there isn't much room.

Struggling to come up with an arrangement that would work with those colors.I'd rather spend the money on our after party (which is going to be awesome, btw :)

It's just dinner. Will anyone even notice?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do I need centerpieces?

• Personally, I'm not doing centerpieces either, but I've heard of a cool idea to combine the girl's bouquets into the table decorations: You just set up vases of some kind along the table(s) and the girls each put their bouquets in one during the meal! I thought that was a really cool way to save money on floral décor by having the bridal party flowers do double duty, and the girls don't have to worry about where to set their flowers down! Obviously won't work if you don't have attendants, but a neat idea otherwise, esp when there isn't a lot of table room. :)
  • I love the idea of using the bridesmaids bouquets!

You could also just use a single flower of something in your color (I'm using single roses) in a tall skinny vase. Just to add a pop of decoration without taking up too much space or money?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Personally, absolutely ZERO issue with no centerpieces. I've never been to a wedding where I left and cared more about the centerpieces than the food and atmosphere. Spend the money on the after party and show your guests how much you appreciate them that way :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2014
    I was actually looking at a wedding at Joe's that didn't have any centerpieces, and was suprised how not-weird it looked!  Honestly there's so much going on at a dinner table, especially if there's bread baskets and other platters, that I don't think you'll miss centerpieces at all.

It's a round table so obviously a bit different than Mon Ami Gabi, but still could give you an idea:

• we aren't doing centerpieces, but then again we are just having a in-suite thing after the wedding 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You definitely dont need centrepieces! We spent a ridiculous amount of money on those tall eiffel tower feather ones cos we needed a skinny centrepiece. Probably shouldve just used a couple of tealights.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• I don't think you need them.  Its of those thing that people probably won't even notice aren't there.  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • I just did tea lights that were provided by Caesars for my reception. I would much rather have a great time then be bored at a wedding staring at an expensive centrepiece!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards