Chit Chat
Options

wtf is this nonsense?

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/traditional-white-weddings-trends-ambush-weddings-175511239.html

They act like this is happening all the time...I've never once heard of anyone doing any of this......ambushes and pot centerpieces? No. Just no. People do not do that.

Re: wtf is this nonsense?

• Options
    Holy bad journalism batman, did they seriously just use a blog post from the knot as their ONE source to say that marijuana themed weddings are now popular?  Just no.  Blogs do not count as a source.  Blogs count as a business or person giving their very biased two cents.  And just because some people in Colorado, where it's LEGAL for recreational use, have pot at their wedding, doesn't make it a nationwide trend- and on that note, so what they use a drug that's legal for recreational use at their wedding, tons of people have alcohol at theirs.  And people tend to get a lot more sloppy from alcohol, IMO.  

Also, why the fuck are they listing "Naked cakes" as one of their reasons for bitching about nobody having a normal wedding anymore?  "Oh, there isn't enough frosting on your cake so I'm upset now."  Jeez.  

As far as I'm concerned, as long as people are following etiquette, treating/hosting their guests well and being nice and polite, who the fuck cares if there isn't enough frosting on the cake or if they substitute one legal drug for another?  Maybe "Nobody is having a normal white wedding anymore" because it's supposed to be very personal to the bride and groom, not a cookie cutter party to please yahoo article writers.
  • Options
    The words "ambush" and "wedding" should never be used in the same sentence.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If my FI surprised me with a wedding, I would punch him in the face.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dh asked me if I had heard about this a few hours ago. I think I gave him a Huh? look.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards