Not Engaged Yet
Options

Because I feel like 4:30 will never get here...

ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited February 2014 in Not Engaged Yet

If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
What was your last dream about?
Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence?
If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create?
Whats the most unusual conversation you've ever had?
Have you ever been banned from a public place?
Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
Why is it that on a phone or calculator the number five has a little dot on it?
What’s your earliest memory?
If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman?
What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
What’s bothering you right now?
What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?
What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
Anniversary

Re: Because I feel like 4:30 will never get here...

• Options
    Oooh! I don't know. I'd probably have the ability to turn back time. You know, so I could have more hours in a day?
    I really don't remember, but I do remember waking up and saying WTF?
    Looks for intelligence for sure. Looks fade… 
    If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create?
    A cat-dog!
    I've had some odd conversations with cousins before, but nothing super weird.
    Nope. And that makes me sad. I'm not a rebel. 
    Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
    It would depend on how many other people and what the issue was etc. 
    Aside from marrying my ex husband? Nah, I'm not sure there is anything more stupid than that. 
    It's for people to know where the key pad is. It's like on a keyboard how there's one on the j and f. They're your home keys. I would imagine on a calculator and phone it's for the same purpose. 
    Being 2 years old moving into my parent's first house they owned. I can remember twirling in the living room, looking up at the ceiling with excitement. 
    I'd like to learn to play guitar. I'm really sad I didn't learn before my grandfather passed away.
    Besides bad grammar? Bad hygiene.
    What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
    It's different for every person I meet. I try to adjust it towards them, or where we are.
    Being poor, not having enough hours in the day, and not using the hours I've been given to the best of my ability. 
    Moe or Kris. I prefer just my name though. 
    I believe for YEARS that my brother had appendicitis and had his appendix removed. I found out like 2 years ago he had a HERNIA and was embarrassed by it so my parents spread the lie for him. 
    BF just stopped by on his way home and said my ass looked great in the jeans he bought me :-)
    What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
    My love of sweets and procrastination
    If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
    Being insecure. I used to be such a bad ass, and since my divorce I never really gained that fire back. I'd LOVE to be extremely confident in every decision I make. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I would want to be able to turn myself invisible whenever I wanted.

Last night I had a dream that I was lost track of time on my wedding day and had to rush to make appointments to get my hair and nails done. I called all over town but everyone was already closed so I begged my sister to my hair but nails looked like shit. Then when I went to put my dress on, it was too big and I realized that I never took it in to get altered. 

I think I'd want to trade a little but of looks for some intelligence.

An angler fish with the light on its head like in Finding Nemo and an octopus.

Idk if it's the most unusual, but the first time I talked to one of my now friends, we had a conversation about beer made from bull testicles...

Yes but not permanently.

This is a difficult question. While I can't imagine killing someone and being able to live with it the rest of my life, I think I would feel equally as guilty knowing my actions killed a dozen people. I guess if I KNEW FOR A FACT those 12 people would die, then yes, probably?  That's tough...i don't know how to answer this.

Got married out of pressure/believing it was just the 'next step'. He definitely wasn't ready. Hindsight is a bitch.

I really don't know but I'm going to Google it...

I was 2 or 3 and I was sitting on the living room floor watching Lil Bits while my mom was on the couch resting and I asked her to buckle my "shiny shoes"...idky I remember this.

I would really love to know how to draw/paint really well.

bad hygiene. just no.

It typically involves music.

Its really cold in my office. This day is going by really slow. I really wish I was in yoga pants and a hoodie. I'm stressed over this wedding budget.

I have more nicknames than anyone else I know.  The most common is Shyshee. My 2 year old nephew now calls me it and it melts my heart.

The tooth fairy? Thats pretty strange when you think about it.  I also believed that the way adults knew how to drive to places was because they had something in the car that told them where to turn (obviously before GPS) and I didnt know what maps were. I just thought they had little cards the size of a credit card that told them which way to turn.

FI told me last night that my eyes were "always pretty" lol. A lady the other night complimented me on my scarf.

My height. I've been 5'2" since 5th grade. Its getting old.

I think lack of determination.  I wish I had more when it comes to certain things.
    Anniversary

• Options

If you were a super hero what powers would you have? Xray vision

What was your last dream about? I had a dream last night that my wedding dress came in and it was too big and the wrong style. I tried it on in our guest bedroom and my dog pissed on it.

Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? Intelligence for looks

If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create? An everlasting puppy that's housebroken.

Whats the most unusual conversation you've ever had? Um, I guess it would be the night that my ex-bf told me he had some crazy fetishes, I mean that was pretty unusual.

Have you ever been banned from a public place? Not yet.

Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people? Sure, why not?

What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done? When I was 19 I was stoned (what else was new) and I thought I saw my friend's BF on her mom's front lawn so I'm driving in my car and waving at him and I drove up on the sidewalk and busted two tires.

Why is it that on a phone or calculator the number five has a little dot on it? It's the home key, your middle finger is supposed to rest there and you can punch in the other numbers.

What’s your earliest memory? My dad telling me if I was going to cry, he was going to give me something to cry about while he was setting up the train under our Christmas tree.

If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn? Read minds.

What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman? Being a complete asshole

What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going? Do you like to drink?

What’s bothering you right now? My MOH's husband is an asshole and basically booked a vacation she didn't want to go on because he "deserved" it. She's so anxious now and I'm worried about her.

What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? FI calls me granny because I'm older than him, everyone calls me Ang even though there is no "g" in my name. I had a nickname of "death" at my old job, but it's not really appropriate for the job I have now, but that was probably my favorite nickname.

What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? I swore I had a sibling somewhere. I was the only, only child in our class.

What was the most recent compliment you’ve received? FI told me I was beautiful this morning (with morning breath and crazy looking hair, he's such a liar hahaha)

What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? To not be so critical of myself.

If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? To stop eating everything.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 stupid wedding-related dreams/nightmares!  I think I have at least one a week.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @severmilli12 I know!!!! I had one last week like the one you had where I had no one to do my hair or makeup!!! It's only going to get worse!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    If you were a super hero what powers would you have? Invisibility.

What was your last dream about? I don't really remember my dreams ...

Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? You know, there's no way I can answer this question without looking shallow in one direction or the other ... intelligence for looks, I'm pretty darn plain.

If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create? Muahahaha ... I'm breeding house cats and lemurs because I can.

Whats the most unusual conversation you've ever had? Talking with my mom about whether or not I would make a good stripper.

Have you ever been banned from a public place? Nope.

Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people? No. 

What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done? My lack of patience gets me into trouble. Because I don't want to wait or explore options, I've done a lot of stupid shit.

Why is it that on a phone or calculator the number five has a little dot on it? Assisting the blind, I believe.

If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn? Welding.

What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman? Inability to converse well.

What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going? I'm not really the leader there, which isn't a good thing. I'm taking cues from others!

What’s bothering you right now? The odd lighting in my office is causing a migraine, I skipped lunch and seminar for a meeting that didn't happen, and I'm tired.

What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? Trogdor. My grandpa called me chief. I go by my own name now.

What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? Not really sure ...

What was the most recent compliment you’ve received? Someone said they loved my smile yesterday.

What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? I wish I felt more comfortable relying on my support system, especially after I make a mistake. I have a real tendency to withdraw from everyone and punish myself instead of solving the problem.

If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? I will become a more patient person. I can eliminate this and I will.
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 thats what I'm afraid of :\  I had one a couple weeks ago where we walked into the reception and realized, "wait a second...we forgot to have a ceremony and actually get married."
    Anniversary

• Options
    If you were a super hero what powers would you have? Teleportation.
    What was your last dream about? I was playing a computer game that was a simulation of taking a vacation on the Cape.
    Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I'm at a point where I'm kind of frustrated at not having enough of either, so I'll keep the balance for now.
    If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create? A dog-bird! Then I could have both pets.
    Whats the most unusual conversation you've ever had? Either I haven't had really unusual conversations, or my idea of "unusual" is unusual itself.
    Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people? Probably. It depends on how much evidence I had to believe it would save 12 other people. J likes to pose this philosophical question all the time.
    What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done? Ahahahahaha oh my god, I gave a blow-job to an ex-boyfriend to try to convince him to get back together.
    Why is it that on a phone or calculator the number five has a little dot on it? I figure it's similar to the ridges on "f" and "j" keys on keyboards; home key.
    What’s your earliest memory? Crying at my 3rd birthday party because I didn't like how my friends were behaving.
    If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn? How to play guitar.
    What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman? Misogyny.
    What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going? I usually like to ask generic questions to get an idea of what kind of interesting things they've done/experienced, and then asked about it.
    What’s bothering you right now? That I worked 2 days this week, feel like crap, and am not getting anything done while I'm home sick.
    What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? I prefer to be called by my full first name, but there are common nicknames for it that I don't mind being called. For a while at camp, I was called Kiwi. Phira/Sapphira is my internet handle, and since I've met a lot of my friends through the internet, it's turned into an IRL nickname as well.
    What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? That having braces was something you did when you became a teenager. Like, all teens had braces. I thought they were cool and couldn't wait to get mine (but I never did).
    What was the most recent compliment you’ve received? Some of my students told me I was the teaching fellow version of one of their favorite professors, and I know how AWESOME that prof is, so it was a huge compliment.
    What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? This might be really broad, but I hope that I'll eventually get in the habit of being responsible as an adult, even though I have zero motivation.
    If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? I have this sneaking suspicion that there's something wrong with my body that means I have very little energy. Even when I'm in shape and well-rested, I'm tired all the time and have trouble getting up early and feeling focused. It's worse lately because of depression, but I do wonder if there's a real physical/chemical thing going on. I'd eliminate that.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

If you were a super hero what powers would you have? The ability to eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight or feeling like crap afterward.

What was your last dream about? My evaluation this morning. I have boring dreams during the semester.

Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I'd like to keep things the way they are. I'm happy with both my looks and my intelligence.

If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create? Killer whale with, like, an eagle or something else that can fly, because flying killer whales would be so cool to watch.

What's the most unusual conversation you've ever had? I've had some unusual ones. Probably the detailed recounting of code browns of the past with my co-workers would raise some eyebrows in the general populations.

Have you ever been banned from a public place? Haha, not banned, but my family and I did get kicked out of a Bob Evans once (nicely). Apparently we came in five minutes before closing, but no one told us, so we're sitting there taking our time eating and talking and whatnot, and finally the server was like, "So, if you want dessert, can you order it now, because we closed an hour ago and they'd like to shut down the kitchen." We were so embarrassed, but I wish they had just told us they were about to close when we came in!

Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people? No.

What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done? I've done a lot of stupid things but don't care to relive any of them.

Why is it that on a phone or calculator the number five has a little dot on it? I don't know!

What’s your earliest memory? I was three. I told my parents I loved them more than anything in the world, even God. I was scolded for loving something more than God.

If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn? To play the piano.

What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman? Stinginess/just not being a generous person.

What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going? I'm not good at this, so I'm looking forward to hearing others' answers! One of the best ones that someone asked me once was to go through all the years of my life and name something significant that happened in each one. (It should be noted that it was a guy I dated in high school and we only had 15 or 16 years to go through at the time, lol).

What’s bothering you right now? My contacts are annoying me and I'm gonna take them out in a minute.

What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? I don't have a whole lotta nicknames. I HATE the one my mom has for me.

What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? I dunno.

What was the most recent compliment you’ve received? I ran into an old classmate from college at the gym last night, and she was like, "Wow, you look GREAT!"

What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? Superficial: My nose is so, so crooked, and I would love to get it fixed, but then part of me just refuses to accept that I *need* any kind of surgery or intervention just so I can feel good about myself. Non-superficial: Not having a very thick skin. I'm getting better about the way I handle disagreements and being hurt (outwardly, anyway), but I still tend to ruminate a lot of be needlessly worried over things people say to or about me.

If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? Procrastination/not wanting to get started on things.

• Options
    edited February 2014

I would like to use teleportation and invisibility so if I don't feel like getting dressed then I will become invisible go run my errands in my slippers and robe.

I was dreaming I went to a convention for my sorority like I used to in college but @lmhollister was with me because I was annoyed that I had to go and I didn't want to go alone lol.

Looks for intelligence.

I honestly have no idea...I think animals are cute the way they are.

Hah! I've had many but I would have to say it would be on the way to our honeymoon...H and I sat next to this crazy fellow who told us his life story and how he was going to the Bahamas because he needed to get away from his wife.

Negative.

I have no idea.

There have been plenty....most not internet appropriate. One stupid thing I did do was walk into a glass door the other day at work in front of our secretary...that was fun.

Interesting question...I don't know.

The playground at our apartment in Germany, I think I was around 3.

How to drive a stick shift!

In a man, I would say cockiness and also self-consciousness.

Where are you from or how do you know so and so if I met them through someone.

Not beginning my weekend.

Meg Meg, Meggers, Chinski, Megine, Meg Han, Han.

I don't really have a preference.

That there were monsters under my bed or in my closet. I also believed that Bloody Mary lived inside my mirror.

My boss complimented my work ethic this week : ) She gave me flowers and a card.

My self confidence and my impatientness.

My need to be easier on myself when I make mistakes. I also need to be more accepting of other's mistakes.

• Options
    I'd love to be able to teleport. I don't really want to save people with that power, it would just mean I don't have to worry about travel anymore.

I had a weird dream last night where I didn't know BF but we met and started dating...it was confusing.

I'm pretty damn smart so I guess I could trade some intelligence for looks but honestly I'm happy with both my looks and intelligence so I'd probably take a pass on both.

An eagle and horse so I could have a hippogriff and pretend I was in Harry Potter.

Um...I have no idea, nothing is coming to mind right now.

Nope.

I can't imagine a scenario where this circumstance would exist so I'm going to say no.

Hmm...I tend to rush into decisions which has gotten me into some pretty sucky situations before.

I have no idea.

I think just random flashes of times from day-care, not any specific event

Archery

Someone who is unintelligent is a huge turnoff to me.

I really suck at starting conversations, I usually let other people take the lead there.

I missed a pretty important conference call last night and I'm annoyed at myself for forgetting it.

Liz, Lizzie, Beth, Lizbeth, Ebbie...I don't particularly care what people call me but most people IRL go with Liz or Lizzie

I don't really remember believing anything strange as a kid.

One of my professors referred to me as "one of his smart students" when introducing me to his wife...that was pretty awesome :)

I need patience, I'm really impatient about a lot of things in life but I doubt that will ever change.

I think I need more confidence in myself, especially since I'm starting to apply for jobs.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    If you were a super hero what powers would you have? Flying. This is my answer every single time. I would LOVE to be able to fly. Second super power...morph into any animal I choose. Yeah...I totally read every single Animorphs book as a kid.
    What was your last dream about? I'm like @buddysmom80 My last dream that I remember was a wedding nightmare. I dreamt that it was the day of wedding and I realized we had forgotten to do the rehearsal. I reassured myself by saying oh well...how hard is it for everyone to walk down the aisle in order? And then I realized we had missing the rehearsal dinner as well but I hadn't cancelled the food so my credit card got charged for everything. And then I realized I had never signed my contract with the DJ or paid his deposit so we weren't going to have a DJ anymore. And then I noticed I had forgotten to get my nails done before the wedding. It was a pretty horrible dream.
    Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? Yikes...I'm pretty happy as I am now and I consider myself to be pretty intelligent...so can I just stay the same?
    If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create? Maybe one of the animals from Greek mythology...like as sphinx or something.
    Whats the most unusual conversation you've ever had? I don't remember any in particular. I had a conversation the other night with a random guy about plastics and the role of petroleum.
    Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people? I'd have a really hard time killing anyone...but it would also be difficult to live with the deaths of twelve other people on my head. Both sins are equally bad and it would be hard to come to terms with it either way.
    What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done? Staying with my ex after I found out he was cheating on me. At least I finally got smart and broke up with him.
    Why is it that on a phone or calculator the number five has a little dot on it? @buddysmom80 already answer.
    What’s your earliest memory? Hmmm...I definitely remember @southernpeach89 when she came home from the hospital. I was 2 then. I have earlier memories but I'm not sure if they're memories because someone told me about them or I watched a home video of myself so I don't think they count.
    If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn? Morse code.
    What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman? Body odor/poor hygiene because it's almost always the first thing you notice. Bad grammar second.
    What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going? What are your hobbies? Or I ask if they like reading/what they're currently reading. 
    What’s bothering you right now? My neighbor's dog. He is such a little shit. I can't tell if the dog bothers me more or the neighbors who can't control him/don't bother to discipline him. 
    What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? Laurlaur, Schnikelfritz, Laurine, freckleface
    What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? I'm with @southernpeach89 - for years I refused to sleep with the closet door open and I was terrified of monsters under the bed. I used to do a running jump in to bed if the room was dark. I was also damn sure that if I said Bloody Mary three times in front of mirror with the lights off that she would come out and shred my face.
    What was the most recent compliment you’ve received? I got a compliment from a co-worker recently.
    What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? Motivation to consistently do things like vacuum and sweep on a weekly basis.
    If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? Control my eating habits/get more motivation to work out and live a healthier life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards