New Jersey

Mercer Oaks

Does anyone have information on Mercer Oaks for a reception??

Re: Mercer Oaks

• I looked into them last May since they were near my church I called about my date they never returned my call but I went to a bridal show there a week later they told me they were booked for my date already. They did show me the menu and offerrings and I think it was between $120-$130 per person.  This was within budget, and it was a real pretty venue.  FI & I considered moving the date of the church to get a reception venue near our church.  So I called them twice to find out what other dates they had available no one ever returned my call.  So after that we kind figured we didn't want to change our date with the church to work with a venue that was so unresponsive.

Anniversary

• Thank you @peaceblossom55. I actually have noticed that they are bad at responding to emails and phone calls. It's a bad first impression.
  • I had tried contacting them when we first started planning and they took about a month to respond.  By then, I had already booked my church and venue.  Their unresponsiveness really turned me away from them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • @soontobemrsbuccheri that's what happened to me with the Westin in Princeton. Where did you end up booking your venue??
  • @siobhan915 I had a friend that had her wedding at Westin Princeton and it was awful.  They told her that there would be no other event in the room next to her ceremony space and there ended up being a boy scout function and you could hear screaming kids throughout the entire thing.  

They ended up refunding her for the entire ceremony but still...she was pretty upset about it.
  • @jenn7778...wow. That is a good piece of information to know! It's good that they refunded her, but she will never be able to redo her ceremony! That's terrible.
  • 1 of my main things when I was looking for venues was that my function was the only thing going on at a time.  Other then the food that was the most important thing to me.  I am so happy with where I ended up booking and would recommend Primavera Regency to anyone looking for a venue.
  • I have to agree @jenn7778. I love the idea of being the only event. The good thing about Hopwell Valley is they close it off to everyone, including members, and the whole thing is soley yours for your event. I will have to look up Primavera Regency, though! Where is that located?
  • It is located in Stirling, NJ...the food is awesome and they are super to work with.
  • @Siobhan915 - We booked at The Windsor Ballroom at the Holiday Inn - East Windsor. They're centrally located and right off the turnpike at exit 8A.  You get off the turnpike, make 2 turns and you're there!!! 

When it comes to weddings - they only hold one event at a time.  However, they can do 2 weddings in one day. I know that there is a wedding reception before ours on Saturday, but I was reassured multiple times that they'd be cleared out and away from the ballroom once my reception starts.  I was even told we probably won't even see them.  I am extremely happy with the service that I've received here.  I've heard rave reviews from multiple friends and family members that have attended weddings there and they have told me that the food is magnificent (yes, it is - the tasting was to DIE for!).  I've messaged you with information.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • It was important also for us to be the only wedding at the place.  We went with Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune, they are great to work with, so responsive and the food was excellent. It came down to that place and Jasna Polana, but we could invite more guests by going to Jumping Brook.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 I was actually looking at Jasna Polana. Woudl you mind messaging me the details and price per person that you had with them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards