Outdoor Weddings
Options

Rain options other than a tent

We are looking into beach wedding. The date we want is in March. It rains a lot in GA in March. The beach doesnt have a gazebo. I dont really want to rent a tent for a 15 minute ceremony. The reception would be indoors. What are some other choices? Is providing umberellas acceptable?

Re: Rain options other than a tent

• Options

In this situation, I've been to two weddings that just moved to the reception site. Everyone sat at their dinner tables and it was lovely. I agree that a tent for 15 min sounds like a waste of money, but umbrellas probably wont convince many people to sit outside in the rain for 15 min either.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options

If it rains you need to move your ceremony inside to your reception area.  Do you really want to ask people to sit in the rain with umbrellas?  No one would be able to see anything, and it is just flat out rude.  If I arrived at an outdoor wedding and the bride was going to move forward with it in the rain I would be going home.  I am not sitting in the rain for anyone.

• Options
    Yah, we are kinda of worried too. We are getting married on Folly Beach. We rented a MASSIVE beach house and we are trying to keep it cheap. So we are pretty much doing everything! We thought about having a reception underneath the beach house, it's massive, but we can't fit 60 (our invite list) or so folks underneath. Yah, we are just praying it doesn't rain!
  • Options
    Wedding on the Beach! A really refreshing and romantic alternative. Rain will make it more natural, just give in to Mother Nature! ;)
  • Options
    lucia68 said:
    Wedding on the Beach! A really refreshing and romantic alternative. Rain will make it more natural, just give in to Mother Nature! ;)

Would you REALLY expect your guests to sit in the rain?  I would leave if someone expected that of me.  Also - nothing like post wedding pictures of everyone (including B&G) looking like drowned rats.  This is a really bad idea.
  • Options
    I think you should have the ceremony inside if it's raining. If it's just gray and the reception hall is very close, you can set it up for outside with the plan to move in if you have to. Plus side, photos under umbrellas of the bride & groom are adorable. Pick out a few nice looking umbrellas to be prepared.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards