June 2015 Weddings

Trying on dresses tomorrow.... eeek!

Well I'm biting the bullet and trying on dresses tomorrow! I'm both excited and terrified. Do any of you have any advice/stories/suggestions?

Re: Trying on dresses tomorrow.... eeek!

• Bring a bottle of water! It gets exhausting after a while. Honestly only bring 1 or 2 people if you can, it'll make your decision SOOO much easier. Be open to trying things you wouldn't think you would like, it could turn out being the ONE. If the consultant you work with isn't listening to you, go somewhere else (seriously, I mean this). The place where I bought my dress was absolutely wonderful and didn't push anything on me, it was all about what I wanted to try and what I was comfortable with. Another place I went kept putting me in big poofy dresses when I kept saying over and over again I wanted a boho look that had zero poof and by the end of that experience I was exhausted and wanted to cry because they didn't get what I wanted. 
    Good luck and have FUN!
  • How did it go!
  • kp825kp825 member
    First Comment
    It went great! I got my dress! Silver, thanks for the advice. The bottle of water especially was awesome. I went with my mom, sister/MOH, and my 2 and a half year old niece, who was adorable. She wore a crown to help auntie try on princess dresses. Hehe. And my consultant was amazing.

The second dress I tried was "the one" (everyone cried, which I wasn't expecting) but I kept trying a few more just to be sure, which ended up getting me confused and frustrated. My consultant suggested that we put the favorite back on, which totally confirmed it, that was my dress. I don't have a picture if me in it (my sister didn't want me to show it to my FI, because I'm terrible at keeping secrets from him!). But, here's a link to it. http://m.davidsbridal.com/mt/www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Cap-Sleeve-Lace-Over-Satin-Gown-with-Illusion-Back-T3299_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Trend-Got-You-Covered

I got it in ivory. Its so beautiful and timeless, and looks great on me. I felt amazing, even though I'm pretty self conscious. I just cant wait to wear it again!
  • It's Beautiful! I'm so excited so many of are getting our dresses already!
  • So pretty! Love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful dress! Congratulations!!
  • kp825kp825 member
    First Comment
    Thanks ladies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards