Ohio-Columbus

Rehearsal Dinner at Schmidt's Sausage Haus

Hi ladies!  

Has anyone ever done their rehearsal dinner at Schmidt's?  I know they don't take normal reservations, but maybe if I call a few months ahead they could take a reservation for our bridal party?  I've read online that people have done their rehearsal dinners there, though I don't know how many people they had.  

If you did do it there, how was the experience?  I know that restaurant is pretty cramped so not sure how comfortable it would be.  

If you didn't do it there, where else would you recommend?  We are also thinking of Spaghetti Warehouse or something in the Easton area or the Arena District/Short North...but I haven't lived in Columbus for about two years so I'm having a hard time remembering what all is there.  Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner at Schmidt's Sausage Haus

• We are thinking of having ours at the Melting Pot at Easton, they have a room off to the side that the tables can be turned and the dividers can be taken out to seat around 16 or so, then there are some other tables in that same room a little further if we needed more. For us, the melting pot we go there on birthdays, once a month type of deal, but for our rehearsal dinner it would be something different for everyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Schmidt's has a darling private banquet room(s) upstairs!  it's complete with restrooms and a bar - that's where you'd be.  
  • I had my rd there! We had its upstairs in the banquet house with a buffet. It was very cost-effective and they had a full bar upstairs for our guests that we cover the cost . It was great, i highly recommend Schmidt's!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Oh wow, I didn't even know they had an upstairs!  Does it cost extra to rent the room or anything?  

Thanks for the input ladies!
  • Room rental, tax and gratuity are all in the price of the buffet! I's pretty sweet! I typically tip the servers extra at the end bc they are so attentive.
    We've had 3 wedding showers, a baby shower and my RD there - my mom loves using them bc she says it cheaper than cooking and cleaning her house.

We always get the Traditional German buffet, no cream puffs. They will let you bring in a cake or dessert and provide you with dessert plates.
    I recommend subbing out the knotwurst for the chicken. They provide vegetarian meals if needed.
    All for a mere $16.50 per person! Alcohol not included of course.

Pat, the banquet manager, can be hard to get ahold of on the phone, but I've never ha any problem at any of the 5 events we've hosted there. She's very laid back, but everything gets done and tastes great!!
    I honestly can't say enough good things about using them :)
    GL!

Schmidt’s own fresh Pork Bratwurst

Famous Smoked Bahama Mama

Garlic Knockwurst (Baked Chicken may be substituted)

German Potato Salad

Hot Sauerkraut with Pork

Green Beans with bacon, or California mixed veggie

Chunky Applesauce

Fresh Garden Salad

Rolls & Butter

Coffee, Tea and Iced Tea

Lunch: $14.85 *Inclusive

w/ Mini-Puffs, $17.35 *Inclusive

Dinner: $16.50 *Inclusive

w/ Mini-Puffs, $19.25 *Inclusive

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss: