Wisconsin

Ceremony Space in Eau Claire

We have booked the Plaza for our Sept 27, 2014 reception, but are still having some trouble finding a ceremony space. We fell in love with the Masonic Ballroom, but you can only book the ceremony on a Saturday with the ballroom rental (which she decided to not tell us when we were visitng). We aren't very religious, so would prefer to not have it in a church that requires us to use their minister. We will most likely be having close to 400 people, and would like to invite everyone to the ceremony. We would also prefer to not be stuck with an outdoor location (if they have indoors on site, that's fine). Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Ceremony Space in Eau Claire

• gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012

You need to find a space where all of your guest will fit unless you are doing a truly private ceremony (think immediate family only - like 20 or so people).

400 is a very large headcount.  Options I can think of -

*  The State Theater - http://www.eauclairearts.com/rent_space.phtml

*  Talk to UWEC to see if they would rent any of their theater spaces (in Schofield Hall or the Haas Fine Arts Center) or one of the ballrooms in Davies Center.  You could run into issues if that is Homecoming weekend.

*  Hold the ceremony at the Plaza, too.  We had our ceremony and reception in the same location (same room actually - everyone sat at their tables) and it worked out fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited April 2013
    How about Phoenix Park?  They have a great pavillion and it is very pretty down there in the fall!  UWEC Davies center also has a great big area :) 
  • CVTC has auditoriums for rent as does the followig:
    Unitarian Church
    Regional Arts Center
    Carson/Pheonix Park

Also- if you are in need of a wedding officant feel free to contact me and I will gladly be of assistance.

www.camocross.us
  • JeaMarieJeaMarie member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    http://volumeone.org/sites/weddings

Volume One Magazine has a complete listings of reception/ceremony locations, florists, djs, bands, etc... for the Chippewa Valley. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards