March 2014 Weddings

Wide Awake

We're at 13 days, and I can't sleep.  Is this going to be the new normal?  Because I can't take it if it is.  And I think I'm getting sick.  

But this week, we've managed to firm up our day of schedule, gotten our first wedding gift in the mail (squee!), made arrangements for a gluten free guest, and bridesmaids alterations have started.  

I literally have almost nothing to do but coast until the wedding.
image 108 invited.
image 95 will be celebrating with us.
image 13 will be there in spirit...
(including the uninvited cousins who
RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
realizing that it wasn't a great time
to travel to our city....) 
image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Wide Awake

• We're at 13 days, and I can't sleep.  Is this going to be the new normal?  Because I can't take it if it is.  And I think I'm getting sick.  

But this week, we've managed to firm up our day of schedule, gotten our first wedding gift in the mail (squee!), made arrangements for a gluten free guest, and bridesmaids alterations have started.  

I literally have almost nothing to do but coast until the wedding.
    @mrsetwinmiller2b - I'm at 5 days and there have been a few mornings where I'm up way before my alarm and then there are the few days that I'm up super late and wanting to sleep through my alarm.  Mind you, my alarm goes off at 5:30am and typically I don't roll out of bed until 6am.  We got our first wedding gift in the mail on Wednesday last week (a check) and then the following day we received 2 place settings of our china. Squee!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • @soontobemrsbuccheri -- it makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one.  Today I didn't want to get out of bed at all!

We taught my nephew how to walk down the aisle last night,  It was so freaking cute!
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • @mrsetwinmiller2b - LOL.  I know!!! I thought I was the only one, but have heard from other brides that they have the same issue too.

We taught my nephew and girlfriends daughter (our flower girl) how to walk down the aisle a couple weekends ago.  They were having fun and thought that they could "race".  I just hope that they won't get shy the day of.  Now, my other ring bearer - I have no clue how he'll act. He's 2 1/2 and a little on the 'slower' side.  Fingers are crossed that he'll do fine. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • I'm wide awake and having the nightmares too!  I was so exhausted last night that I took a Benadryl (I have allergies so it helped with that too) so then I couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning.  I am dragging at work.

I wish I was in Hawaii for our honeymoon already!  19 days for us.

Have a great time this weekend Soon.  I'm sure you'll be beautiful and everything will go great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards