Wisconsin

Wisconsin, Lake Michigan, Beach Wedding

I am looking for a location located on Lake Michigan for my ceremony. I know of Blue Harbor Inn, but trying to find other locations so we have some choices. 
I am also looking for a location for the reception that would be indoors. I want it to be on the beach. 
If we found a place in Milwaukee for the ceremony I was thinking about the Milwaukee Art Museum for the reception, but it is quite pricey. 
Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Re: Wisconsin, Lake Michigan, Beach Wedding

• angiezimmangiezimm
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    edited July 2012
    http://www.warmemorialcenter.org/Rental_Information/

The War Memorial Center is right on the lake and there is an outdoor ceremony site on the patio and an indoor reception site.

In Response to Wisconsin, Lake Michigan, Beach Wedding:
    I am looking for a location located on Lake Michigan for my ceremony. I know of Blue Harbor Inn, but trying to find other locations so we have some choices.  I am also looking for a location for the reception that would be indoors. I want it to be on the beach.  If we found a place in Milwaukee for the ceremony I was thinking about the Milwaukee Art Museum for the reception, but it is quite pricey.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?
    Posted by WilsonMP
  • Also, the new (circa 2006) Discovery Museum is right on the Lakefront downtown, though there is not an actual beach there.
  • If you're thinking of Sheboygan (I assume you mean Blue Harbor Resort?), a more affordable option is just down the street at King Park.  You could do a lovely outdoor ceremony on the beach, and then have your reception in the shelter that's only a couple yards away.  I know -- park shelter sounds tacky, but it's actually quite nice.  It was just built 2 years ago, and it's very well-maintained.  There are a lot of weddings there.  It would have to be a somewhat small wedding, though, because the building isn't huge.  I highly recommend looking into it if you're on a budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards