Getting in Shape
Options

Sick of dieting - but it's working

kat & mattkat & matt member
5 Love Its First Comment
edited March 2014 in Getting in Shape
I know a lot of people say you shouldn't diet, it should be a way of life. Well, my dress didn't fit at my first fitting. I've been doing Atkins Induction for 2 weeks now and have lost 9 pounds and a couple inches. I think my dress might actually fit for my 2nd fitting on Saturday. 

This seems to be working so I will keep it up and modify it here and there before my April 19th wedding. I'm planning a cheat day on my St. Patty's day birthday and my shower on the 22nd. Other than that, I'll just be a moody b who wants some bread ;)

How do you all get through those moments when you just want to give up on your diet but you just know you can't?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sick of dieting - but it's working

• Options
    Do you pair working out with your diet? I found that, that helps with days I need a little cheat snack. But I am also not doing a strict diet, I'm just eating cleaner. I think seeing the number on the scale helps. Also having a cheat day here and there helps me stay motivated, however, I don't know if that would work for Atkins. You should probably do a diet that you enjoy a little more that should help too.
  • Options
    Atkins?! What a killer! Cutting out carbs has nearly been driving me bonkers, but I found this great list of substitutes for those moments when you're willing to gun down anyone that stands between you and the hashbrowns.

Enjoy! THe pancake recipe's amazing, by the way!
  • Options
    I've been doing Atkins for almost 3 weeks now. It really does get easier with time. I would have killed for a piece of bread the first couple of weeks. 

My 2nd fitting is tomorrow so fingers crossed! I've cut back on cardio because I don't want to go too low on total calories for the day. I'm still doing weight training, but will add more once I get past this fitting tomorrow. I agree, I don't want to look sickly on my wedding day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have an app on my phone that you can put in your weight each day and track it. When I feel the urge to splurge I look at the graph showing my progress. Sometimes it helps :)
  • Options
    When I get the urge to eat something I shouldn't, I pop a stick of sugar free gum. I go through a lot of gum, but it gets rid of cravings and I get to chew on something!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards