Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

My Engagement Proposal in Front of Bruno Mars

Hi Everyone! Soooooo.... as the title states, this is the story of my proposal to my girlfriend in front of the Bruno Mars backstage in Vegas.  I’ll take you to the highs and lows of my story.

I posted earlier about my introduction and a question. I'll post the shorter version of this proposal but I will post the long version in my bio soon. I’ll probably get a lot of flak so here goes nothing:

In April,I found out that Bruno Mars was doing a concert tour in Los Angeles in July. I tried to do everything I could to contact Bruno (Twitter, his website, his manager). No replies. I was lucky enough to spot a meet and greet with Bruno backstage at the concert on EBAY. Perfect! (He donated the tickets to a well known charity). I won the auction. I spoke with my girlfriend’s father for his blessing to get married. Got the approval and chose out the ring. Two days before the concert, Bruno’s management cancelled all meet and greets. I was shocked and didn’t know what to do. The charity talked to management and told them I was set to propose but they could not do anything for me. I was devastated. I tried to figure out a plan B.

Wallowing in my self pity, I was deeply saddened just knowing that my first proposal failed… Two days of thinking of how overjoyed I was to down right confusion and sadness. I was able to catch another lucky break. A seller selling  “Champagne Toast with Bruno Mars” backstage in Las Vegas on EBAY. I jumped at the chance even though this time it was pricey as heck that it would take some time to pay off!  I bought the tickets but this time my girlfriend didn’t want to go. She promised a night out with her friends. I had to talk to her friends to convince my girlfriend to go. They played along and helped me out big time. Off we go to Vegas…

My heart is beating so fast the whole way getting there. Driving to Vegas, getting ready, and just thinking how I was going to hide the box! Hid it in the camera bag safely. Met the coordinator who told us “NO PICTURES or VIDEOS” when Bruno goes in the room. Boo!! Just wanted one picture with him as proof and to get something to cherish forever. 50 people were only allowed in this champagne toast. Heart is still racing. We ate the dinner that they provided until Bruno arrives.

I’m thinking at this point, how do I propose. Before he begins his speech or after and I didn’t want to interrupt his speech to be rude. I didn’t know how long he would stay. I decided to just do it before his speech. They turn the lights down pretty low and out Bruno comes. My girlfriend is so excited that we are literally 5 ft away from him. She starts clapping and clapping as do everybody else. I took a small glimpse of him and reached for my bag. I tried to get her attention and finally did. I said “Baby, baby, (trying to get her attention)” when I finally get it, I knelt down and said “I love you with all my heart”  Pulled out the box with the ring and opened it. “Will you marry me?” She starts tearing up while saying YES and nodding. She begins to start crying.  I hear Bruno still going on with his speech. Forty seconds later he finishes and leaves.

My girlfriend is in utter shock still and crying. She’s speechless. One of the ladies we met at the toast earlier was like “OMG, youre crying because Bruno is gone! Then she saw the sparkling ring and screamed “OMG OMG! You’re engaged! Give her a hug! She's sooooo HAPPY! Then the 48 other people there gave us our own toast which was really nice of them. We talked to the coordinator who got our names and the producer but that was it. We then watched the concert from the fourth row which was included with the toast already.

I know it’s not like the guy that got help from Justin Timberlake to help him propose. I guess it is what it is. No picture or video which I was disappointed about. However, one of the people in the toast got the video of Bruno doing the champagne toast and you can see me go off screen to kneel down and propose then you can hear all the people’s reaction after they found out we were engaged including the toast as background talk.

Sorry if it ran a bit long. Hope you enjoyed my proposal story!

Re: My Engagement Proposal in Front of Bruno Mars

• Options
    Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    The Justin Timberlake proposal girl was my friend. She was stoked, but I personally like your smaller setting. It's more intimate. I mean, even if Kim wanted to say no, how could she in front of all those people who would have boo'ed her out of the concert :P jk she wouldn't have said no, but you know what I mean!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Gina! Awwwww, thank you so much. I appreciate your reply. Have to admit though, that JT proposal was pretty awesome! Was hoping to pull something like that off. On your timeline, does that mean your getting married in 5 months?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards