October 2014 Weddings

Wedding Hair

2»

Re: Wedding Hair

• So I had my hair and makeup trial today, which I had a nightmare about last night. In my dream, I got to the salon for my trial, and they told me they actually didn't have ay openings for my wedding day...

It was 2 hours long, and I wanted to try 2 styles, which I knew would be difficult to do it 2 hours, but she assured me it would be ok. Anyway, she did a REALLY ROUGH draft of both styles, and so it still feels just as difficult for me to decide now, as it did before the trial :( Also, the style was so rough that she thought my hair would look better for tonight if she just took it all out and let it be down and curly... Not what I expected to leave the salon with. The good thing was, my veil arrived yesterday, so that was perfect timing for me to have it for the trial!

On top of that, the airbrush machine wasn't at the salon for the day, so I had my makeup done the normal way, which I felt was kind of pointless since I intend on getting it airbrushed. Boooo. To be honest, I feel like I could do my own makeup as well as she did it today, so the airbrush better make all the difference!!!
  • These were the 2 rough drafts. Does anyone have an opinion on which one is better!? I need help!!
  • hkda2003 said:
    These were the 2 rough drafts. Does anyone have an opinion on which one is better!? I need help!!
    I far prefer the first one...it looks less 'stiff'.
    I love hair that moves, and doesn't look like it's trying too hard...kwim?
  • I also prefer the first one
  • I would go with the first one.
  • kla728kla728 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @smalfrie19 where did you buy the hairpins? I'm not wearing a veil either and I want to find something like this!
  • kla728 said:
    @smalfrie19 where did you buy the hairpins? I'm not wearing a veil either and I want to find something like this!
    Hi I will PM you. 
    Anniversary
  • ecat129ecat129 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have a nervous tick and play with my hair, so mine pretty much has to be up for me to keep my paws off of it. I was thinking of something like one of the below ideas. My wedding is Deco themed so flapper hair seems appropriate, but I'm not a fan of having it look so greasy...

I can see why people don't want updos, though. If I didn't constantly play with it, I'd love to have curly, flowing locks for my wedding day!
  • I'm torn between two, probably won't know for sure until the wedding, will depend on the weather but I love my hair down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards