Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Beachy Vacations in the Northeast

Any suggestions for beachy vacations in the northeast? :) 

Re: Beachy Vacations in the Northeast

• Options
    I'm assuming it's a summer trip? Where are you traveling from? Are there any things you want to do while there besides sitting on a beach? Do you have a budget as well?

• Options
    It's the first week of September. From NY.Nothing else in-particular. Budget is 2000-3000
  • Options
    LBI
    Cape May
    Ocean City, MD
    Hamptons
    Delaware beaches
    Not very beachy but Newport is fantastic
  • Options

Cape Cod would be perfect because busy season ends Labor Day weekend. Look into towns of Hyannis, Sandwich, Mashpee, Dennisport.

You could do a Bermuda cruise of of NY/NJ.

Or depending how far you want to drive, Myrtle Beach SC is my favoriteand would be warmer.

• Options
    You could also check out the Outer Banks. 
  • Options
    I believe the first week of September is before Labor Day this year. So, that would still make some of these areas a bit crowded. I would consider going more South as it will most likely be a better chance of being warm. My personal favorite is the Outer Banks, but I prefer quieter, less developed areas.

• Options
    And Virginia beach. I live by both of them currently. The weather is nice up until Oct. or so. We're actually doing a Virginia Beach HM since other than playing in the ocean we don't play in VA too often. VA beach is a lot more populated and has more touristy attractions (parasailing, kayak, dolphin tours, huge pirate cruise on the water [they do 21+, family and parrot head tours]

Outerbanks is very low key. There is stuff to do and places, but there isn't really hotels to stay at. They're more rental property. Along the main strip is some shops, golfing and really good food.

IF you want more info on either of these two, feel free to message me or tag me back in this thread and I can. I live in NC, but everything we do is in VA beach lol
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    It's the first week of September. From NY.Nothing else in-particular. Budget is 2000-3000
    Our VA Beach trip is the same budget as yours. Our hotel (granted, we're doing mid july right after 4th of july) is $1,339.62 for a hotel right on the board walk/beach for a whole week. It's easy to do food and activities for under 1,000 as well. We have budgeted about 2k for fun/places/food etc. But some of that will also be towards another hotel room  in williamsburg to go to busch gardens and water country usa :) Like I said, if you want to know more, let me know :)

• Options
    Cape May is lovely and filled with tons of pretty, quaint B&Bs which would be nice for a honeymoon.  
  • Options
    Are you looking for Warm beaches, or just beaches/coastline? If it's the latter, MAINE! Kennebunk, Bass Harbor, Bar Harbor, Camden - all quiet (compared to something like the Jersey shore) but with tons to do (especially Bar Harbor - Acadia National Park is right there, and Bar Harbor has FANTASTIC restaurants and shops). Great little B&B's, as well as full hotels
  • Options
    Great! Thanks everyone. VA beach is actually my favorite. I go every year to visit family.We are actually looking into places in Maine:) Thanks!
  • Options
    My sister and her ILs spend a week in Nantucket every year. They love it.
  • Options
    Great! Thanks everyone. VA beach is actually my favorite. I go every year to visit family.We are actually looking into places in Maine:) Thanks!
    It's mine too! I went every year from when I was born until 16. I love the fact I live by it now lol. It was always my dream to honeymoon along the boardwalk :D Cape May like mentioned is also very pretty.
  • Options
    Depending on what you are looking for, Outer Banks is nice for quiet and relaxation. Maine beaches are pretty, but I find the water too cold! Cape may is pretty and there are several wineries and lighthouses if you are into that. I haven't been, but I have been told South Carolina beaches are great.
  • Options
    Nantucket is lovely.

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    I believe the first week of September is before Labor Day this year. So, that would still make some of these areas a bit crowded. I would consider going more South as it will most likely be a better chance of being warm. My personal favorite is the Outer Banks, but I prefer quieter, less developed areas.
    I second the Outer Banks!  The beaches are much better, IMO than most of the northeast region.  I'm in NJ, and there's just no comparison.  They're cleaner, less crowded and the ocean temperature is much warmer!  I NEVER go in the water here in NJ....I need to be at least in the Carolinas for it to be a temperature warm enough for me to go into.  :D
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    And Virginia beach. I live by both of them currently. The weather is nice up until Oct. or so. We're actually doing a Virginia Beach HM since other than playing in the ocean we don't play in VA too often. VA beach is a lot more populated and has more touristy attractions (parasailing, kayak, dolphin tours, huge pirate cruise on the water [they do 21+, family and parrot head tours]

Outerbanks is very low key. There is stuff to do and places, but there isn't really hotels to stay at. They're more rental property. Along the main strip is some shops, golfing and really good food.

IF you want more info on either of these two, feel free to message me or tag me back in this thread and I can. I live in NC, but everything we do is in VA beach lol
    bridetobemnm07

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards