Wisconsin
Options

Outdoor Venue (need advice, PIP)

We're getting married 5/26/12, and we originally were planning to have both the ceremony and reception inside in the same room (we really wanted both to be at the same venue due to a large number of OOT guests).  However, I would really like to get married outside.  I found out you can rent the pavilion in Hart Park (where they normally hold summer concerts), which is just a short walk from the reception buidling, for $400 (5 hrs max).  My question is: would you pay that much, i.e. is that a reasonable price?  If it rains, we'll just revert to our original plans, but I'd be out $400.  That is my major concern.  Here are some pictures of the pavilion so you can get a better idea of the space:

WWYD???  TIA for you help/advice!

Re: Outdoor Venue (need advice, PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying $500 for our ceremony - but that includes the church fee, the officiant fee, the musician fees and a cantor at church. Our church made it kind of a one-stop-shop. If you love the venue - I'd go for it! Just keep in mind that you still havet o pay for the officiant, musicians, etc. Good luck!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My big concern with that location would be traffic and the train - could be noisy.  Those tracks have freight trains and Amtrak rolling thru and State Street and 68th can be fairly busy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Cole32Cole32 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding in a garden that was double that.. Our ceremony was at another location.  If it had rained we would have been inside (which wasn't the reason I would book a garden ;o) It's a gamble either way.  Hopefully the weather gods will be on your side.  If not, it could be fun with umbrellas outside.. and you won't be out the $400.

I say go for it! Looks gorgeous!
    Nicole
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards