Outdoor Weddings

Entrance for the bride ideas?

EmilyM143EmilyM143 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited March 2014 in Outdoor Weddings
I'm getting married in 2 months, obviously at an outdoor venue. We're having the ceremony and the reception at the same place, for the sake of ease and $$. Other than where the tent for the reception will be placed, we can literally have our ceremony anywhere we want. However, the one problem is that there doesn't seem to be a good way to keep me hidden so that my groom doesn't see me until I'm at the foot of the aisle. (It might seem silly to you, but it is so crucial to him that he doesn't see me until then.)

Any ideas on where we could have the ceremony/how we could do my entrance so he doesn't seem me? I've seen things like doors being held up and such, but none of them seem practical or do-able for me. 

The front of the house faces a road, and the back faces a golf course a hundred yards off. The reception tent will be going to the right of the house, just beyond the trees (there's a fair amount of flexibility in the placement of the tent though, we have about 1.5 acres of space to work with.)

Any help would be appreciated!

"Marriage: The roots are deep. The covenant is solid. Life is hard. Love is sweet, and God is good."

Re: Entrance for the bride ideas?

• Sorry, not sure why my picture won't upload! image
    "Marriage: The roots are deep. The covenant is solid. Life is hard. Love is sweet, and God is good."
  • What about even getting a huge 60" umbrella and having your dad or whoever hold it in front blocking you as you walk toward the aisle?

• The easiest thing would be to have him stand with his back to the aisle until you are in position and then have the officiant cue him to turn around.  The guests would still see you but it sounds like you are only worried about your FI.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • My parents would prefer the guests not see me either. My parents are the real problem. They hate the golf cart and tent idea, and won't let me turn him around or blindfold him.

I have searched the forum but I'd seen all of the ideas before and none of them work well with our venue. I was hoping for some new ideas :/
  • I saw a video once when the bride needed to get to the ceremony location her bridesmaids walked in a circle surrounding her and im pretty sure they all had umbrellas or something to cover even more space. There was then a door set up at the top of the aisle.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What if you got a nice parasol and held it so it's blocking your face/torso while you approach the aisle?  People would be able to see part of your dress, but they wouldn't get the full effect until you reached the foot of the ailse and passed the parasol off to someone else.
  • I love the parasol idea with the bridesmaids surrounding you. It would look beautiful and cute in pictures all while hiding you from the groom and guests. Plus, you could use the parasols for bride and bridesmaid pictures. 
  • One venue that I looked at had the suggestion of the bridesmaids surrounding you with parasols. The pics of the brides who did that were so pretty! If I had chosen that venue, I probably would have done the same thing. It really hides you from the guests/groom and it makes for some amazing pictures! Good luck!
  • I can't quite figure out how to post just a picture, but we made some doors and then used a drape for the entrance.  It turned out really neat.  I hope posting a link is ok, but here is what we did:

• Why not rent a vintage car and have the car "drop you off" at the aisle? No one will see you while you're in the car and you won't have to worry about walking around out in the open.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards