Outdoor Weddings

Did you order any umbrellas just in case?

If so- how many?

Our wedding is at a ski resort/ mountain and we are really excited to drive to the summit and take pictures. I'm going to buy huge white golf umbrellas (cheap on amazon) so we can still take a few pics up there if it rains. But other than that- the ceremony would be moved inside to the reception space. So I'm just trying to figure out if I should order a few for the bridal party or parents or photographer? What do you think?

Re: Did you order any umbrellas just in case?

• We're probably going to have some cute, cheap little individual umbrellas that are going to be attached to each seat for the ceremony, since we can't move it inside. We're having 54 people at our wedding, so we'll be buying 54 umbrellas.

How many should be bought depends on the size of your wedding party. I'd go for one umbrella per two or three people.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't. I figured if the weather report suggested rain the week before our wedding, we could just go pick up an umbrella for us to use for photos. And we would have moved the ceremony under the tent. There's no way I'd want my guests to have to sit in the rain!
  • I wouldn't go out and spend the extra money just so your bridal party, photographer, etc. can have an umbrella.  Most people will already be looking at the weather report since they are aware it is an outdoor wedding, so I am sure they will be prepared. Your photographer is a pro, so he/she will definitely have something to protect their equipment.  I was married on a beach during Hurricane season and umbrellas never crossed my mind.....not once.

• We didn't get umbrellas. If it rained, we would just be inside. The photographer told us she would not be able to take pictures in the rain. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No, I won't. Since it is outdoor wedding, most of guests would have seen the weather forecast and they will be well prepared.
  • We're probably going to have some cute, cheap little individual umbrellas that are going to be attached to each seat for the ceremony, since we can't move it inside. We're having 54 people at our wedding, so we'll be buying 54 umbrellas.

How many should be bought depends on the size of your wedding party. I'd go for one umbrella per two or three people.

The seats that will already be wet by the time guests sit on them if it's raining out?  No thank you!  Are you going to be under some sort of protective covering while you are saying your vows or are you going to be out in the rain with your guests?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards