Getting in Shape
Options

Simple tip for those trying to lose weight

I've been on a bit of a "health" journey the past four months (I was at a healthy weight and ate very well so I just started exercising). One week ago, however, I decided to finally shed the 8 pounds or so that are making my bum and abdomen a bit "mushier" than I want by going down to a 1300 calorie/day diet for about a month (adjusted on the days I am exercising - i.e. on those days, I calculate more or less how many calories I burned exercising and add that to my daily food allowance so that I don't end up weak). I'd been having a REALLY hard time limiting my calories because I love the act of eating, but I discovered a very simple habit that is making it much more enjoyable: eating slowly. Try it - take small bites, chew slowly and really allow yourself to feel the flavour of the food in your mouth. This is apparently called "mindful eating" lol… Just thought I'd share something that has been helping me enjoyed limited portions. :)

Re: Simple tip for those trying to lose weight

• Options
    I'll back this up!  I've been doing this along with "meaningful eating".. which means, no unnecessary snacks.  Eat enough to make yourself full, but not stuffed.  Eat fresh stuff.  So far it's been working!  Plus I just feel better in general.
  • Options
    Thanks! I need to practice this
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards