Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

hiring a dj need opinions on this situation

So here's the situation...A DJ quoted me an awesome price. No set amount of time (he'll be there from beginning to end), ceremony included, cocktail hour, reception, uplighting for the whole room, personalized monogram and him and his partner will take photos during the ceremony and reception to display on two big screen tv's during the reception. At the end of the night we get a flash drive with all the photos they take...all of this for $1500. Sounds like a no brainer right? Welllll when I met with him he didn't seem over the top with personality and I want someone who's gonna really get the party going. BUT he has a lot of great reviews online. What should I do?? 

Re: hiring a dj need opinions on this situation

• So here's the situation...A DJ quoted me an awesome price. No set amount of time (he'll be there from beginning to end), ceremony included, cocktail hour, reception, uplighting for the whole room, personalized monogram and him and his partner will take photos during the ceremony and reception to display on two big screen tv's during the reception. At the end of the night we get a flash drive with all the photos they take...all of this for $1500. Sounds like a no brainer right? Welllll when I met with him he didn't seem over the top with personality and I want someone who's gonna really get the party going. BUT he has a lot of great reviews online. What should I do?? 
    @kmedeiros89

I would ask him for a couple recent references of weddings he's done within the past 2 years or something. Then ask them how he was. You may have met him on an "off" day.
  • I know a lot of people have to kind of "psych up" for parties and really get in the mood. If he's got good references and great pricing, do some more research for references but trust him to be professional.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    I know a lot of people have to kind of "psych up" for parties and really get in the mood. If he's got good references and great pricing, do some more research for references but trust him to be professional.

I agree with the bolded.  I don't think a good DJ has to be 'on' all the time, just during the party.
  • I think it is really important to click with your vendors. I don't click with my florist and I hate working with her as a result. I would try to find another DJ. 

I'm getting something similar to you in Los Angeles for just $200 more, FYI. So it is possible to find a killer DJ at a good price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards