Ohio-Columbus

cost of altering a zipper back to corset

I am curious if i should alter my zipper back dress to a corset back. I bought my dress awhile ago off the rack and on clearance. Now I am pregnant, my wedding is in November and I'll be 2 months postpartum but with howmuch my body will change during and after pregnancy I'm wondering if a corset back would work the best. I was wondering if anyone knew how much it roughly is to change a zipper to corset (it's a lace dress)

Re: cost of altering a zipper back to corset

• I didn't have it down, but I recall being told it would be a minimum of $100. I'd call around and see if you can get some estimates. Depending on budget I'd consider buying something off the rack a month out - you can get some deals at Uniquely Yours (where I got my dress) or David's. There is also a consignment shop in Grandview Heights that sells preowned wedding gowns.

Congrats on your impending bundle of joy and best welshes on your nuptials :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Thanks photo kitty it helps having a starting estimate. I've checked out the website for the consignment bridal shop, they only sell dresses one day a month and they said the brides are pretty rambunctious about the dresses. I'd love to check it out but being so close after having the baby I'm not sure that's the best situation to get myself into.

I will certainly check out uniquly yours though.
  • I don't know what shop you are referring to (please tell us, I'm curious). But Alternative Resale is open everyday and I tried on dresses on several different days there - unless they changed their policy. Check them out:
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Oh yeah that's not the shop i was talking about. The one i was talking about is bendora, their dress studio Is called once we'd or once worn bridal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards