May 2014 Weddings
Options

bridal shower spoiler

So here's the thing: my mom was very insistant on my shower being a surprise (not to my liking, but whatever). I've had my suspisions that it is going to be tomorrow as its the only day I'm not working and FI has alreardy said we have to "attend a party for his jobl tomorrow (which is weird since all he's done for the past 4 months is complain about how much he hates it and can't wait to transfer to another department). I haven't told anyone my suspisions cuz I know how hard my mom, maid of honor and FI have worked to plan all of this. One of my bridesmaids just sent me a message apologizing that she can't come tomorrow as she's been really sick and is thinking she might have to to the ER. How do I respond to her and do I say anything to my mom, MOH & FI???? I'm so stuck right now with what to do, any advice would be much appreciated!
Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: bridal shower spoiler

• Options
    And now one of my coworkers just emailed me saying she can't make it either. Do people not read invites clearly? I mean I don't know what my mom wrote on the invite but I'm certain I was not the RSVP contact for my own surprise party lol.
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Just tell them the truth - that you have no idea to what the are referring. They'll get the hint.
  • Options
    Yeah, I would go with what @mizangi said.  Play dumb, I do that all the time :)  On another note, I hope you have a wonderful time today and have fun!  We want to hear all about it! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well everything turned out fantastic! I had a great time at my shower today, and now we have to sort through all of the gifts we got (waiting till next week to do that as some people said things were being shipped to us, so we'll just wait till its all here to inventory and organize it all lol). The biggest surprise was when FI came back at the end to pick me (and our gifts lol) up and he brought me flowers, which then completed the princess look and hence the princess wave photo below lol. One of my bridesmaids was the photographer for the day, so she'll get me all the pics on Monday (yay!).
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That's awesome. So glad that you had fun. It looks like it was a very nice shower.
  • Options
    @ArtTeacher23 awww, you look so cute with the tiara/veil!!! It looks like you had an awesome time. 

I'm pretty sure my shower is this weekend (the 22nd). I already had one cousin from out of state e-mail me to say she couldn't make it, but she didn't mention the date or anything. But last night, one of my bridesmaids and I were texting and she said, "I'll see you on Saturday!". My mom and FMIL all know that I know, but it's still going to be a surprise as to where it is, who will be there, all the little details... so I'm still excited about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance s mom and sister told me last night that they want to throw me one. Am I supposed to register for gifts or what? Idk ive never even been to onebefore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards