Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Food for rehearsal....

So my Fiance and I will be getting married in a park by a waterfall and we were thinking about what we would like to do about our rehearsal dinner. We were thinking of doing the rehearsal in the early afternoon with our JP and wedding party while it is still light and warm outside. We don't want to do anything big for dinner so we were thinking of maybe bringing some blankets and doing a picnic late lunch in the park with sandwiches, salad, homemade dessert, etc. Just something casual, simple, inexpensive and easy to organize. Does that sound okay or should we be doing a big supper? I don't know how these things work so I was hoping to get some input. Thanks!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Food for rehearsal....

• menu sounds fine for lunch or dinner for that matter.   We had a casual RD.  I actually prefer that type of setting the night before a wedding.

Not sure what day of the week the RD is on, but an early afternoon RD during the week might be an issue for WP members when it comes to work and/or travel.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I agree that that sounds just fine for dinner or lunch.  I too prefer something casual before a wedding.  It seems like a lot to have two fancy dinners in a row.  We had sandwiches and some local seafood catered by a local place in the breakfast room at the hotel.  
  • Ok, perfect.Yeah, we wanted something very informal and casual but all the RD's I've been to were big things. @lyndausvi Our RD is on a Sunday (Wedding on a Monday) so no issues with work/travel. ;)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Doesn't have to be a big thing, my sister ordered pizzas.  As long as there's enough food for everyone, you're good!
  • Your menu sounds good for a casual event.  Rehearsal dinners can be as simple or informal as you like.
  • That sounds fine. We just went for pizza for our RD. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards