Florida-South Florida

Looking for South Florida or North Indiana Venues! Please help!

Hello, all. I have been struggling and really need to find a venue so things can start falling into place. I looked at least 2-3 hours in every direction of South Bend, IN (where his family is from) and Fort Lauderdale, FL (where my family is from). I have no planner or bridal party, so I am doing everything myself. I'm thinking the wedding will be June of 2015, and it will be very small and intimate (30-40 people, like half are their children). So the wedding space needs to be cozy enough to not have us drowning in a 250 person space, you know? The kids are particular eaters so an outside caterer was a must, but I can't find anything that allows it and works for us. :( The venue itself I was looking to spend $1000 or less on, since I plan on customizing with my own details like chiavari chairs, but any tables or chairs or equipment included would be fantastic and I could possibly increase the budget a little if things like a planner, sound equipment, and stuff is part of the package price. I have already cut so many things out of my dream wedding trying to make this work. The search has been one thing after another, constant letdowns due to it being out of budget, no decorations allowed, too far, too big, and so on. I'm very open to all types of spaces. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for South Florida or North Indiana Venues! Please help!

• Call Patti at Bimini Boatyard on 17th Street.  Don't worry about the kids, they can handle it all.  The views are beautiful, the chef is a genius, and they really do understand the word "budget".  If our weather cooperates, you can have the ceremony on the back deck.  If not, there are other options. With their prices, you will be able to add a DJ, for sure.
    Good luck.
  • Thank you so much! I actually emailed Bimini the other day and they just got back to me. Do you know if they can customize the menu at all? Like if I wanted something specific like sliders or dessert shooters. The menu isn't bad price/selection wise, but if there's no fee to rent the space then I can handle that. Any issues with privacy (seeing as it's in a restaurant and I'm not sure I want strangers peeking in on my reception)? I really wanted rectangular banquet tables, clear or gold chiavari chairs, black linens to go underneath the runners and they only have the exact opposite lol. I'm moving back to South Bend soon so I'm worried about being able to see it before I go. Planning a wedding out of state is tough! Thank you, you've been a great help.
  • You will get many choices from their catering menu, but changes have never been an issue when I have made parties. Yes, other diners can see into the room, but, I've never seen anybody "snoop".  The extras of fancy chairs, tables, etc. are shown on their web page, but I have never made those changes because I did not want to spend extra on those items, so I don't know what it costs.  Patti will have all of those answers when you speak with her.  She is a fountain of information and a very kind, wonderful person to work with.  I can also highly recommend any members of their waitstaff, as all are highly trained and very courteous.
    Best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards