Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Bands in Philadelphia

I'm getting married in Philadelphia but live out of state - which makes the planning difficult.  

Can anyone recommend a good band?  The bands I've looked at cost about $6000-$6500 for 4 hours plus a cocktail hour for a 8-10 piece band - is that a typical price?

Can anyone recommend a string quartet?  All the string quartets seem to start at $700 per hour - is that typical?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Re: Bands in Philadelphia

• My Band was about $6,000.00. They played for ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. They were awesome though. It was a 10 piece band. My band was called Second Vision.
    www.2ndvision.com

image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @wargo29 : We are also planning out of state! Those sound like good prices for a band in Philly, especially if you like the band. We're paying double digits, but we hired a 12 piece! We found most bands that we looked at were in the $7,500-13,000 range. 

I think BVT might have a string quartet. No idea what they charge, though.
  • We were lucky enough to find a band that seems to be really under the radar but impressed us very much during their showcase and were VERY reasonable.  Check them out, they are called Soul Patch Philly - http://www.soulpatchphilly.com/pa-nj-de-ny-dc-bands/
    Also take a look at Chico's Vibe who are excellent and also priced very well. http://www.chicosvibe.com/Audio_demos.html

Best of luck!
  • Thanks for all your help! :)
  • Just saw Blue Label at a friend's wedding and now they are doing mine. So much fun! 6 person band but sounded like more!

bluelabelband.com
  • I know our band plays down in Philly, we actually saw them at a friends' wedding just outside of Philly about 2 years ago, and just fell in love with their sound, and unique style, they are not like any wedding band we've seen before.  As for pricing, they gave us a great deal including ceremony, cocktail, and reception music.  Check them out, www.soulrevivalband.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards