March 2015 Weddings
Options

Save the dates

Hey ladies! When are you planning on sending out your save the dates? I have heard so many different thoughts on the subject. Some say to send as early as 9 months and others around 6 months. I was thinking around 6 months but I'm torn. 

Any thoughts?

Re: Save the dates

• Options
    2812428124 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    We are getting our engagement pics done on April 25th and we will order save the dates when we get our proofs back. We will send them out as soon as we can. Its pretty normal here in New Orleans to send them even a year out. March is busy tourist/convention season so hotels can book up. 
  • Options
    We are doing engagement pics April 15th and will work on STDs after that. We will likely send them early August. Most of our guests are out of town, so we felt 8 months was appropriate... then invitations in early/mid January 8-10 weeks in advance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    July! :) We have a few people coming from the opposite coast and a couple families internationally so we want to make sure our guests have enough time to plan :) I wouldn't do 1 year unless very many of your guests are travelling internationally.

imageimage

• Options

We still need to schedule our E-pics but we want to send our STD's 9 months before the wedding since most of our guests are from out of town.

• Options
    Those of you with OOT guests (there's a few of us!) when do you plan to send invites??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sending my invites last week of January for my march 7 wedding.  anything too much earlier and people will put off sending the rsvp and then forget to entirely (happened with my cousins wedding where 80% were oot)

imageimage

• Options
    My wedding is March 21 and I'm thinking I want to send invites mid to late January with the RSVP by March 1. I want them to arrive a couple weeks after Christmas and New Years so they don't get lost in the holiday shuffle.
  • Options
    @alm199 Im glad you brought up that fact about the holidays. With people getting all sorts of christmas cards and more around that time, rsvps could easily be forgotten. I agree on mid to late January! Oh there is just so much to think about!!
  • Options
    We're doing our engagement photos in May so as soon as we get them back I'd like to get save the dates sent out! I'm thinking that will be around the 8-9 month mark? 

We can't decide on if we want to do postcards or magnets, though!! I read somewhere that 3 of something makes an impression on people (whether they realize it or not, lol!) so thought maybe postcards for our save the date, RSVP, and thank you cards? But I like the magnets. I don't know! I think I'm just making it more difficult than it needs to be haha.
  • Options
    @gcwoolwedding we are doing postcards! We will save on the postage and people can still throw that up on their fridge just as easy.

That idea of three of something makes an impression is very interesting and makes a lot of sense. Thanks!!
  • Options
    We are sending ours out within the next few weeks, 11 months ahead.  We are getting married in Hawaii because we have family in the US and New Zealand (where we live).  Because it's a DW we wanted to give as much time as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards