Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

mobile tux

Hello!!! I got a letter in the mail from this company called Mobile Tux, it says I was chosen as the bride of the month and I won 4 free tuxedos. It includes everything. Apparently they bring the tuxedos to you and they pick them up for you also. I have never heard of this company and when I googled them I didn't find much of anything. They have a website and it appears to be legit, but it also looks like it could be a scam. The number is a 855 area code. Before I contacted them I wanted to see if anyone else has ever used them or heard of them before. I mean I have picked out the tuxedos already at Savvi. But no money has been paid, I guess I am lucky my husband is a procrastinator. :)  But really I am just looking for reviews or any experiences with this company. The website is mobiletuxstores.com. The return address is from Arnold, MO. I live in St. Louis, and its only like a 30-45 minute drive.

Re: mobile tux

• Options
    I just received the same letter today also telling me I'm "bride of the month". I was already skeptical because I haven't entered any drawings for tuxes. Then seeing that I'm not the only bride of the month this month makes me even more skeptical. Since there isn't a strong presence of this company online I'm not comfortable going through this company. I think it's best to go with an established company. I don't want to risk anything on my wedding day!
  • Options
    My daughter received the same letter in February, I believe. I also tried to find reviews on the "company" and found none. I called the number and spoke to the guy who sign the letter. He said it's not a scam and that this is a promotion to get their name out there. He said my daughter just needed to call him and claim her prize and then he will send a confirmation letter out to her. So she called him the next day. He said he would put the confirmation letter in the mail right away. About two weeks later they had not shown up so I called and ask him about it and he said that it may be lost in the mail and he will send another one out. That was over a week ago. I'm not sure what he's up to, he never asked for any personal information. We are done dealing with him.
  • Options
    Not sure if I did this right but see my post above.
  • Options
    Got the same letter... I live in south city STL
  • Options
    Has anybody found out anymore about this? I got the same letter today. I don't want to miss out on a great deal if its legit but i don't want to ruin my wedding day if it isn't. 
  • Options
    Ilene39Ilene39 member
    First Comment
    Hello everyone, We are getting married in July 2014 in Vegas. We received a letter too and we thought it was a scam and it was not. I called the guy and asked him was this a scam. He said it was legit. He said that they are trying to expand their business. I made an appointment for my fiance, uncle, and my fiance ' s grooms. The guy came. He was very nice and professional. He was a little late but he called to let me know. He had our 2 colors orange and turquoise vest and ivory vest.. He had so much to choose. He gave good suggestions and we took pictures to make our decisions. The prices were very affordable. He is coming back to fit 2 other grooms who couldn't make it. He
    Will return the week of the wedding. Everything looked great. I can't wait until the wedding.
  • Options

I to received the same "Bride of the Month" letter which stated I won four free tux rentals.  I called the guy and he said it was not a scam and he will send a confirmation letter, nd upon receiving the confirmation letter, I can setup my free tux preview.  This was about five days ago and am still waiting for the letter.  He did say it may take a week or two to receive the confirmation letter.

• Options
    I'm just worried about the day of. I don't want to pay money and the week of the wedding not get any tuxes. It's just hard to trust anyone these days
  • Options
    Update: I received the confirmation letter in the mail. Waiting to contact them for schedule the onsite preview/fitting until we know for sure about the bridesmaid's dress color. 
  • Options
    I got a letter as well and thought it was a scam. However, it is not. I called, got my letter and had our fitting last Friday. I can't speak to how things will go the day of, but the free rentals are real. They make the only money they make is by the 'add ons'. The free rental is a $99 value, which most of thier tuxedos/suits are. They have a few that are $109 and $119. It also comes with one type of shoes and one type of shirt and a bow tie. Any change/upgrade to that is an additional cost, but it's minimal. I upgraded the shirt, shoes, added a vest and pocket handkerchief and changed to a neck tie instead of bowtie. All those add ons is only going to cost me $35 + tax per guy. Max is the main person that runs the business and he was super nice and very professional. Also, any portion you do have to pay is not paid until delivery. Having them come to the house was really convenient. I can't wait to see how the deliver and pick up go, hopefully equally conventient! Again, I'm not getting married until September, so I won't know how it all turns out until then. But I can at least assure you it's not a scam. Max said it was just a promotion.
  • Options
    Ilene39 how did your wedding go with the tuxes?
  • Options
    I called Max and was told the same as previous replies have stated. I received my confirmation in the mail, and I will be calling him today to set up a fitting. I will let you know how it goes! My wedding is not until October, so hopefully everything goes smoothly.
  • Options
    **UPDATE**

Max came and fitted all our guys for their tuxes; they look amazing! The best man was out of town at the time of the fitting, so we are working on finding a time to get him fitted. Max was very kind and helpful, and did an excellent job at showing us possible combinations. He set a date range to deliver the tuxes, so now we wait! If you get any "upgrades", you do not pay until the time of delivery. 
  • Options
    Ilene39 said:
    Hello everyone, We are getting married in July 2014 in Vegas. We received a letter too and we thought it was a scam and it was not. I called the guy and asked him was this a scam. He said it was legit. He said that they are trying to expand their business. I made an appointment for my fiance, uncle, and my fiance ' s grooms. The guy came. He was very nice and professional. He was a little late but he called to let me know. He had our 2 colors orange and turquoise vest and ivory vest.. He had so much to choose. He gave good suggestions and we took pictures to make our decisions. The prices were very affordable. He is coming back to fit 2 other grooms who couldn't make it. He Will return the week of the wedding. Everything looked great. I can't wait until the wedding.
    Hi Irene,

How did your wedding go? Were the tuxedos delivered without any problems? We already had our main fitting, but had put my son's fitting on the back burner since he is growing like a weed. We were supposed to have an appointment with Max this past Saturday and he didn't show up and his voicemail box was full when I tried to call. I am very concerned that my son won't get fitted and that our suits won't be delivered as promised....
  • Options

Jaf8973,

I also was to have an appointment on Sat with Mobile Tux. I also had a no call no show and was unable to reach anyone. The phone number was going directly to a full voicemail box...

So here is the story I was told...The Rep (Not Max Redmond) that was to come to our home walked out on his job Saturday. Mr. Redmond was unaware of the situation until Monday afternoon. He was not sure which of the appointments were kept and which were not since apparently the only place the appointment is logged is in the individual reps book. Since the guy quit he had his book with him. Mr. Redmond had no idea at what time my appointment was or how many people were in my wedding party, even though I made the appointment directly with Mr. Redmond. Also simultaneously they were having forwarding issues with the phone which is why no one could be reached until Tuesday of this week. If you have already paid then I would make sure you talk to Mr. Redmond on a weekly basis since companies associated with him don't have such a great track record. Check out these link that I found when I was hysterical Saturday searching for any answers...

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Ntux.812-474-9902

http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/NTUX/Profile/MFW/198/343559/profile

http://www.courierpress.com/business/a-formal-mix-up

http://www.yelp.com/biz/n-tux-Evansville

We ended up going with Men's warehouse. Since we have 42 days until our wedding they were more than accommodating. The Manager Josie was fabulous!!! I can not say enough about our experience with them. I only hope that the folks that have signed up with this service get what they are promised. For anyone new go with your gut.

• Options
    We had a horror story of an experience with Mobile Tux and would warn everyone to stay away!! We got married out of town. Max was to deliver our tuxes to our best man who was leaving on Thursday to come up to the wedding. He never showed up. We called him all night, he never answered. So here we are 1000 miles away with no tuxes. 

Get ahold of him the next morning and he tells us that he was arrested Wednesday night and that he would over night the tuxes to our home in Michigan. He was to call us back "in a little bit" with a tracking number. We never received that call until about 9pm that night. 

Come Friday we are at the rehersal dinner and the tuxes show up. Here is the best part. The vests are the wrong color, the shirts don't fit, the pants didn't fit, and we are missing one jacket!!

Call Max again Friday to no answer, he eventually turned his phone off. 

You would think that knowing all the issues he would have at least followed up with us. We get back into town and ask him for a refund because of all the stress around the situation plus the fact that the tuxes were wrong. Max BLAMED US for the fact that we did not try all the items on in time!!!! When we brought up that none of this would have happened had he not gotten arrested, he flew off the handle screaming at me on the phone. We are taking him to small claims court to get the refund ASAP. Absolute nightmare, worst service in history, and Max is just truly unpleasant to deal with anytime after the fitting. Please please please do yourselves a favor, don't go through this company. 
  • Options
    I am now advising to stay away from Max and MobileTux, too!!! Just called him today (17 days before my wedding) and found out I will not be getting my tuxes because the boiler is broken at the company that processes the suits. He gave me this long excuse about reps quitting and stuff, and said he will not be delivering tuxes for the NEXT 3 WEEKENDS. So any brides who are getting married soon...watch out.
  • Options
    I also like everyone received the letter. My fiancé called and talked with the guy and said it was not a scam. We had our appointment and fitting for the four tuxes. He seemed like a really nice guy. We thought wow this is really cool. One less thing to worry about and it was easy on our budget. That was back in May. Our wedding is just 10 days away and we tried to confirm with them and they are not answering phones. It rings and goes straight to a voicemail box that is full. There is no other way to get in contact with them. I have sent an email to the address on their website and still have not heard anything from them.  I am having an anxiety attack thinking what am I going to do 10 days before my wedding and no one has a tux or a suit. I would be hesitant of them.
  • Options
    Okay brides to be.. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE THIS TUXEDO COMPANY. Max came to our house on August 16th to fit 5 men including my fiancée. He was really nice at the time. I'm getting married in 2 days and the tuxedos aren't here yet!!!!! I've caled him endless times with no answer and no return calls to me. Worst service ever. Now we have to select an alternate route because this douchebag is the worst representative of a company I've ever came into contact with. We didn't pay him at the time because he said we don't pay until these come in. I had 4 free tuxes for bride of the month. He said "they're trying to get their name out there." Well , buddy, you sure did. It will also be reported to the better business bureau. I am very disappointed and upset with this company and especially max. Why waste our time and his of they don't follow through with their orders? And we were going to pay him! Thank the lord we didn't because i would've been EXTREMELY PISSED. I can't say it enough... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!!
  • Options
    Thankfully mine did turn out ok, but my experience with this guy was a nightmare.  Multiple calls, multiple issues, but come the day of, I had everything we needed.  Really wished I would have gone elsewhere tho.  Now, he wont come and pick up our tuxes and we can't get ahold of him.  I am informing my credit card company so if I am charged, it will be declined.  PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards