Pennsylvania-Central

Rehearsal Dinner location in Mechanicsburg/Camp Hill/Harrisburg/Hershey?

I thought I had settled on a rehearsal dinner location two months ago, but now my FI is second guessing it and wants to look at other options. We're trying to accomodate about 50 guests, which rules out a lot of restaurants' private rooms due to size.  We've already ruled out Boiling Springs Tavern.  The church is in Camp Hill, and we're trying to stay within a 30-minute drive.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner location in Mechanicsburg/Camp Hill/Harrisburg/Hershey?

• We used What If West, we had a cocktail hour and then a seated dinner- dinner took a long time to get out though, but the atmosphere was great, we had maybe 30 people. There's not too many places that can fit 50 for a seated dinner though, most rooms are at capacity by 30. Good luck! 
  • I know Duke's has a private room, not sure how many they hold. Peachtree is in Susquehanna Twp, right off of 22 - not sure if that's too far for you, but they have a back room with a fireplace that's really nice for special occasions and I'm pretty sure they could hold 50. Devon in Hershey has a private area, but again not sure how many it'll fit.
  • Devons won't do rehearsal dinners on Friday nights as far as I know. You could rent out a smaller banquet room in the Hotel Hershey or at the Motor Lodge. We're doing ours at Colonial Country Club in Harrisburg.
  • Thank you guys!  The place I thought we had settled on was Piazza Sorrento in Hershey.  They have a private room that can hold 50, which is good for us.  Have any of you been to large events there?  I don't live in the area anymore, so it's been tough to base our selection on going to restaurants once when we visit my family occasionally. 

@meh0429, how is the food at Peachtree? 

@kschork87, I think the Hotel Hershey is unfortunately out of our budget for the rehearsal dinner due to how many people we have to invite.  But I'd love to go there! 
  • @mkincaid2014, it's pretty good! They have a good mix of Greek and American food. Love love love the potato crusted haddock and smothered chicken. They have a good bar selection, too. Jackie is great and is really easy to work with (if you want something special, getting tablecloths etc). I had a retirement party there last year with about 30ish people and everything went great; everyone told us the food was good and they enjoyed themselves.
  • any other ideas?
  • We're having our at Sammy's Authentic Italian Restaurant in downtown harrisburg. I know parking is always an issue, but theres a private lot right around the corner.  Their downstairs seats 54 comfortably and its BYOB which was  HUGE selling factor for us. The owner makes all of the food homemade, so you know your guests will get a good meal.
  • I second Sammy's! {Although that was our first date, so I may be biased} They have great food and the downstairs is a great area for a rehearsal dinner. The garage next to Sawyer's on 2nd Street (easy walk to Sammy's) is $5 flat rate starting at 5 pm (I know Mon-Fri, not sure about Saturdays), if street parking is an issue.
  • Darn, I wish the info about Sammy's would have been posted a few months ago!  Oh well, we eventually found a place, though it's a little further away than we wanted (and unfortunately not BYOB).  But hopefully it will all be good.  I hope these suggestions help other local brides!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards