Maine

Seeking an Affordable Southern/Midcoast Maine Day-Of Coordinator

Hi, Everyone! I am in the beginning stages of planning a midcoast Maine wedding for memorial day weekend 2015. While my fiance and I are still waffling between two venues-- the 1774 Inn in Phippsburg and the Maine Maritime Museum in Bath -- we have made some important decisions already, including caterer, florist, rentals, and photographer. We are expecting about 100 people.

Now all we need is to have someone help us pull off our big day, and this is where I am running into budget trouble. I am particularly interested in finding someone who can help me coordinate all of the moving parts on the day of the wedding and assist with set-up and/or damage control during the week or so leading up to that. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find anyone (and I have been really searching!) who charges less than $1500-$2000 for "day-of" services, as they say this really requires between 30-40 hours of work. Someone even told me they would put in no fewer than 200 hours of work. 

Has anybody had good experiences with, or heard of, a coordinator who either charges an hourly rate, or has packages for $1000 or less? My only other option at this point is to ask a family member to step up and help, but I would so much rather have an experienced, neutral professional who can put my mind at ease on the big day. I just don't think it's worth $2000. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Seeking an Affordable Southern/Midcoast Maine Day-Of Coordinator

• HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    If you get on Facebook and search for Jennifer Molloy in the Portland/Southern NH area I think she is someone you can negotiate with.  She has done events in the past but recently moved from the midcoast to the area I mentioned. You may find her easier on LinkedIn.  I'm sure you can work something out with her and you will really feel at ease about hiring her. Good luck!
  • Rachel Gerald did ours for $300 and I would hire her again in a heart beat! We just had our wedding last weekend and she ran it flawlessly! She might charge you more since she is in the Bangor area for traveling but definietly not that crazy amount others I talked to are charging! She was perfect to- not only did she arrive dressed professionally, so she looked appropriate, she had a binder together complete with a countdown clock on the front so my wedding was perfectly on time (a pet peeve of mine)! It was great! She did an initial consultaion with me, the rehersal, then the whole day of. Let me know if you want her number! Abby
  • Praby19-- I would love Rachel Gerald's contact information, if you get this!
  • Praby19-- I too would love Rachel Gerald's contact information!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards