Ohio-Columbus

Looking for a place to hold our wedding and reception

Hey everyone, We are looking for a place to hold our wedding and reception. We will be having roughly 150 people. We have been looking online trying to find venues. We are trying to plan our wedding from out of state. We plan on going back to columbus soon to look at places so we can start more planning on our June 2015 wedding. Does anyone have any good places to look at. Trying to stay more north or northwest area.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for a place to hold our wedding and reception

• We used Brookshire in Delaware (well, just south of) for our reception and they have space for ceremony stuff too. I cannot recommend it more. We planned entirely from out of town too and going through them made it much, much easier because the catering, cake, DJ, and florist for the reception are included with the package (and we used the same florist for our ceremony). Having everything included made it SO much easier, plus, the woman who runs everything, Joy, is amazing. The food was great, the cake was good (I mean, the sample was, I literally had one bite), the DJ was good too, and I was really happy with the florist. I looked at a few other places, but seriously, the all included thing sold it because of planning from out of state. 

Here's the website- http://www.brookshire.biz/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Saacjw I found them on here back in December. I had been emailing back and forth with joy asking for price quotes. Finally about last week she emailed me after I reemailed her. We were trying to customize a package because we don't need some of the stuff in the package. She kept telling me she would email me with a quote. We are still kicking around making a appointment to see the place. It just makes me a little uneasy that it took me that long to get some information from the,.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Uhm there's an old train station building that is really nice (i forget what it's called right now but it's a popular wedding spoti think its near cosi and the spaghetti warehouse) also the vault(another popular spot really cool pictures come from inside the vault) and the clock tower (it's literally a large clock tower). I was looking for old vintage buildings but am ending up at an old castle turned b&b in hocking hills where FI and I first started to date 6 years ago.
  • I've heard good things about North Pointe. My sister's wedding was at the Clintonville Women's Club and it was great. They let you bring in your own alcohol and include things like cake and none flower centerpieces.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• caitlinmcacaitlinmca member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014

Uhm there's an old train station building that is really nice (i forget what it's called right now but it's a popular wedding spoti think its near cosi and the spaghetti warehouse) also the vault(another popular spot really cool pictures come from inside the vault) and the clock tower (it's literally a large clock tower). I was looking for old vintage buildings but am ending up at an old castle turned b&b in hocking hills where FI and I first started to date 6 years ago.
    If its what I am thinking of, on the idea of old train station/fire station if we are on the same page its Station 67 and I believe they let you bring in your own alcohol as well, but don't quote me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards