Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Programs?

Instead of doing individual paper programs to hand out to everyone at our ceremony, I am considering doing to a chalkboard sign at the entrance for people to read if they wish. Is this a good idea or will people really miss having their own programs? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Programs?

• Options
    Nobody will miss programs.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    If your ceremony is "mainstream" and doesn't have special elements that need explanation or translation from a foreign language, and you don't need or want to give any deceased loved ones a tribute, then you are totally fine to skip programs.
  • Options
    We did programmes only because we were having a full Catholic Mass and our guests were largely not Catholic, so we wanted our guests to be able to follow along.

If your ceremony is not complicated, you don't need programmes.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    People won't miss them. 

We're planning on some sort of chalkboard or other material to make a sign outlining the "program," too. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I never miss a program. Unless some aspect of your ceremony needs to be explained to your guests, you can skip programs/chalkboards, etc.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone misses the programs! I like the chalk board idea!! It's your wedding, put your touch to it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards