May 2014 Weddings

Monday Progress Update - 03/24/14

Wow I swear I just posted last week's update. These weeks are flying by way too fast. So the most exciting thing for me is I mailed my invitations!!! Everything else was pretty boring compared to that, but here's my list:

- Booked cocktail hour musician
 - Did a final walk through of venue with florist, DOC, and venue coordinator
 - Created a final timeline for the day of
 - Worked out the final menu with the venue 
 - Updated my linen rental order

What did you ladies get accomplished this week?

Re: Monday Progress Update - 03/24/14

• Argue with my sister about her bringing her boyfriend. Before I sent out invites she was asked if it would be her, my nephew, and her new bf. She said no, just me and ash(my nephew). So I took her douchebsg bf off my guest list. I get her rsvp back yesterday and low and behold, guess whos listed as a 3rd person. Yep, dbag boyfriend. She says well he couldnt before but he can now so I added him, but he wont be there for the ceremony,  just dinner. So now im like oh ok, he wants a free dinner basically. Urgh! Im a liitle frustrated. I now have to make room for him when I really dont have room. Theres a whole bunch of back story here that is too much to write, or you would all understand more.
  • - Had my alterations appointment, although I didn't have much to alter. They had to replace a button on the back of the dress and I left it at the store for them to work on the bustle. 
    -Decided on shoes. I'm wearing a pair of white wedges I've had for about a year. They are comfy, perfect height for my dress, and cute enough :)
    -Reviewed the first draft of our vows. It was so emotional just reading through the rough draft, I don't know how I'll do it on the wedding day!
    -Made our entree selections.
    -Purchased my day of jewelry
    -HAD MY BRIDAL SHOWER! It was a blast!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @dluberts - that sucks! I left my niece's d-bag bf off her invitation too. Luckily she didn't ask about him or RSVP with him on there. I have had a couple people ask if they could bring someone already when they are single. We are only having 35 people at our wedding so I've been telling them no, but I kind of feel bad. It's mostly all family though so it isn't like they aren't going to know other people and I know everyone says oh you won't notice these people anyways, but with only 35 people yes I will notice some random person that nobody knows. LOL 

• @klburke88 - Glad that your shower was a blast. Mine is this Saturday and I can't wait. I'm glad all the major stuff is done and we are finally getting to the fun things.

Your post made me remember that I also had my first dress fitting. I must have been blocking that out of my memory. LOL
  • Thanks. You know I wouldnt have such an issue with him coming if she hadnt told me it would only be two of them. But to say it was just two then change her mind, really pisses me off. You cant just invite who you want to someone elses wedding, especially after youve already said who youre bringing....
  • Yeah a lot of people don't realize that. I swear they think it's just a big party and don't realize that months and months of planning have gone on and there are seating charts, head counts, etc. :)
  • We mailed off our invites Saturday, signed a lease for our new apartment Saturday also, had my hair and make up trial yesterday and bought the wine for the event.
  • -Took my dress to the seamstress to get bustle done (only alteration needed)

-had my make-up trial

-Purchased thank -you gift for my MOH for throwing my shower which is this Saturday!

• We mailed our invitations (so excited about this!!) and were able to have them all hand cancelled.

Had my first dress fitting (holy expensive!!).

Bought earrings for day of.

Picked up my wedding band from the jeweler.
  • I wrote out the thank you notes for gifts from my shower and put them in the mail. I only have 2 left to do and they are the hardest ones to write - my mom & my MOH lol. That's pretty much it. Other than waiting for RSVPs to come back in the mail......
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Had my shower on the 22nd & finished all the Thank You notes tonight to drop in the mail tomorrow.

Successfully found another dress for my MOH-currently 5 months pregnant-when her dress didn't zip at the shower try-on. This was actually amazing, since it was at David's Bridal, and their receipts always say "all sales final. No returns/exchanges." But I called the store manager (who had been my bridal consultant when I found MY wedding gown, then got promoted shortly thereafter) and explained about the pregnant BM; she said to come in and she could expedite a new size order or exchange off the rack. We found the SAME dress in a size 18 (original dress was a 4) because MOH would rather have too big & take it in, than have another dress too small. Whew.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mailed my invitations! Seems to be a theme this week, but it was soooo exciting! I can't wait until we start getting RSVPs :) Didn't accomplish much else, but I have my first alterations appointment on Thursday and my hair/makeup trial on Saturday, so by the end of the week I'll have accomplished quite a bit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards