Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Plus Size Dress... How does this look? Accessories?

Hi Ladies! After only trying on about 5 dresses, I settled on this one.. Thoughts? Accessory ideas? 

Re: Plus Size Dress... How does this look? Accessories?

• Options
    hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2014
    you said you settled on the dress did it wow you do you love it was it the one did you purchase it, from your post it sounds like your not wowed by it.

i am plus size too
    i tried on at  15 dresses by mori lee  i had two narrowed down but i had to try on another  designer allure i was able to try on 8 of her dresses but was not wowed by anything

the dresses that wowed me the most were morilee Julietta plus size collection  the shop i went to had so many options for me and most dresses i tried on were around the 600-800 price range

i think the dress right now does not flatter your midsection but if you get the right spanx and the right bra i think it can do wonders for you.
  • Options
    Can you elaborate on what you mean be 'settled on'?  Were you in love with 2 dresses and 'settled on' that one or you weren't happy with how dresses were fitting you and 'settled on' that dress?

I honestly think you could do better (unless the photo is at an awkward angle which might be the case).

Do you follow the plus-size section on TK?  There is a thread for 'Show us your dress' and I know another girl and myself just posted a ton of dresses we had tried on (good and bad).

Anniversary
  • Options
    I think that dress is very pretty on you.  However, your wording concerns me.  Do you think that this dress is 'the one' or have you truly settled?  As for accessories, maybe a chunky pearl bracelet, drop pearl earrings with some bling, and some sort of head/hair piece depending on your style and taste.
  • Options
    That's a beautiful dress and it looks very pretty on you!  I agree with the PPs, I have some concerns about your phrasing of 'settled on'.  If you need some plus size inspiration, check out the plus size board!  There's a whole thread of plus sized ladies in gorgeous dresses - I found it inspirational to click through when I was getting ready to buy a dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards