Giveaways

Five Days of Freebies- Day Two!

KnotPorschaKnotPorscha
Moderator 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
admin
edited December 2015 in Giveaways
Answer the question below by 11:59 EST tonight for a chance to win!

What's your dream honeymoon spot?

TODAY'S PRIZE:  An OPI gel manicure for you and your bridal party on the wedding day worth up to $150 in services + an OPI Muppets Collection polish set

See official rules here

Re: Five Days of Freebies- Day Two!

• melbelleupmelbelleup
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    edited March 2014
    My dream honeymoon is Virginia Beach, VA. To many people that doesn't sound much like a dream, but to me, I've been dreaming of it since I was 5. I currently live an hour from Virginia Beach, but that wasn't always the case. I used to live in Pennsylvania until almost 2 years ago. Fiance and I moved to NC due to him finding employment down here.

I have dreamed of Virginia Beach since the age 5 though because my family always went camping at Sandbridge, VA from when I was born until I was 16. I thoroughly enjoyed those weeks of playing in the ocean, watching dolphins, kayaking, crab catching, kite flying, and meeting people all over the world. We would take our dogs for walks on the beach every morning and just soak up the sun. We would go to the boardwalk about 2-3 times out of our trip and enjoy the sites, food and the water there. When I saw how many hotels were along the ocean, I wanted to live on the beach for days on end. Since we always camped, I always said I wanted to spend my honeymoon in VA Beach on the water.

Luckily, we are able to make that become a reality. I can't wait to spend a week just sitting on our balcony and starring at the waves as the sun rises and sets. There's also tons of activities to do there involving water and on land. I seriously am the happiest girl in the world about our honeymoon decision, even if it is only an hour from my home.

We do go to VA Beach often as it is the closest big city to us. We never get to spend time though truly exploring the area and enjoying things. We do however, love the beaches there. People don't understand why we're doing VA Beach as our honeymoon since to them it sounds weird. But to me, it's been my dream. Ironically my parents and grandparents both went to beaches on their honeymoon.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My dream honeymoon spot is Turks & Caicos. Relaxing on the beach with my new husband sounds perfect to me!
  • A hot sandy beach on a Hawaiian island
  • My dream honeymoon spot is somewhere toasty warm, on a beach in the Bahamas!
  • My fiancé is Italian and has always wanted to go to Italy to check out the culture. I would love to go to Italy as well since it's so rich in culture.
  • KeptInStitchesKeptInStitches the Northern Plains
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    I'm a homebody. I don't think we'd travel much, but we have joked about going to the twine ball in Minnesota.
  • Australia. Id love to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.

• My dream honeymoon spot is an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora! Since it's so remote and expensive, we are planning to try to do that as an anniversary trip sometime down the road =)
  • Atlantis in the Bahamas.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely Paris!
  • an all inclusive in an island location! Jamaica, Bahamas, we're not picky!! :D 
  • My fiance has never been to the ocean.  Our dream honeymoon is in Ft Lauderdale!!!  Can't wait to lay on the beach and soak up some sun with my soulmate by my side.  We are going to have a blast!!!
  • My dream honeymoon is Florida. Even though I love the beach, my main reason is for Disney World and Universal. My fiancé and I are kids at heart and would love to spend some time in these places before having to act like married adults.
  • We compromised my dream by doing a Disney Cruise, but if I could do anything I would love to go to Disneyland...Tokyo! Disney always pulls out all the stops when it comes to their guests, and I'd love to see a form of Disney I'd probably never have a chance to see otherwise!
  • vmj23vmj23
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its 5 Answers
    Greece!  Our wedding is 2 months away and we still haven't booked our honeymoon, but I'm pushing for Greece.
  • Hawaii! I've never taken a relaxing beach vacation and this seems like the perfect time to do it!
  • I would love to go somewhere tropical like Fiji, Bora Bora or even Hawaii. One day hopefully we will!
  • My dream honeymoon spot is anywhere with a natural or man-made wonder. We're hoping Europe to try and see a bunch of iconic views!
  • My dream honeymoon would be in Aruba!
  • Tahiti for sure!  The perfect place to getaway from it all after all of the work that goes into planning a wedding!
  • My dream honeymoon spot would have to be New Zealand.

We've looked into flights and cruise information, but it's not something we feel like we can afford. So, we'll likely end up renting an RV and cruising the highways of the U.S. for a while, going camping, or taking another Caribbean cruise. Going to New Zealand has been a dream of mine for many years and I hope I get to go with him at some point in my life.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Italy and Paris.  The first time my Fi and I ever travelled together it was for a summer abroad program at our college and we spent a couple months in Italy making art.  I would love the chance to go back and see it all again.  And Paris because we both have family ties to the city.
  • Exploring Italy!
  • My dream honeymoon is to Jamaica. 
  • Hawaii – where we got engaged!
    jap92488
  • My dream honeymoon would be in Hawaii. My fiancé and I have always wanted to go explore the islands and enjoy the ocean.
  • My dream honeymoon is with my husband. It doesn't matter where we go or don't go as long as I get to spend it with him :)
    jigsjr97jap92488
  • My dream honeymoon spot is Hawaii!!  Being able to see all the different islands and attending a luau is something I've always wanted to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards