New Jersey

Plus Size Mother of the Bride

Does anyone know of a good place to find a large selection (in stock and on the rack) of plus size mother of the bride dresses?

Re: Plus Size Mother of the Bride

• They are not off the rack but there is a store in Manalapan called The Curvy Bride that had a nice selection.

Also, Nordstrom has a decent sized plus sized department with a lot of gowns.
  • East West Bridals has a decent selection of plus size mothers gowns, but I'm not sure if many can be purchased off the rack.

I second Nordstroms.  They have a great selection online and a fantastic return policy. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • David's has plus size, too. The one in Paramus has a pretty big department for mothers & bridesmaids. I mention bridesmaids because my mom actually wore a bridesmaid dress as mother of the bride at my sister's wedding.
  • Very few stores offer MOB dresses off the rack.   Some Nordstroms will have them.   My mom is wearing a Tadashi Soji dress from Nordstrom which we ordered on line.  

• My MIL is plus sized and found a dress off the rack at DB in Paramus.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My mom's dress was also from Nordstrom.

• La Belle Boutique in Jersey City, NJ - my mother got her dress there and we also got our bridesmaid dresses there - they are excellent to work with!
  • dp867dp867 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2014
    My mom was a nightmare diva about this. Seconding the Curvy Bride, they are very nice and helpful there, though not off the rack.

It's near Castle Couture though, which also had a few good off the rack options, though I hated the busy prom-y atmosphere.
  • My wedding is in 5 weeks. My mom just got her dress yesterday from east west bridal. She had limited options but they can get her a dress in a week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What size is "plus" size? 18? 29? 45? 78?
  • What size is "plus" size? 18? 29? 45? 78?
    I believe most stores usually consider plus size to be 14 and up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards