Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Is this enough time?...

So I booked my appointment for my trial and day-of make-up (MoH is a hairdresser and will be doing my hair first thing in the morning, before make-up as per recommended by the make-up salon). The wedding is to start at 1:00pm and the make-up appointment is at 10:30am. My mother is giving me grief saying that it is cutting it too close because I would still have to put my dress on after the make-up is done but the beauty salon is pretty close to our hotel (prob 15 mins away). Is she right? Should I be making my appointment for earlier or is it enough time? I don't want to get it done too early because knowing me, I'd probably accidentally ruin it before I get to the ceremony! Lol

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Is this enough time?...

• My hair stylist and makeup artist schedualed to be in my room by 10:30 so I'll be ready in time for pictures. Our ceremony is at 2pm
  • Do you then need to travel from the hotel to the ceremony site? If so, how far is that? If not, you should be fine. A general recommendation is one hour each for hair and makeup (but double check with your person), so that'll have you finish at 11:30. Give yourself a buffer to get back to the hotel, and you're arriving at 12:00. I can't imagine it'll take more than 30 minutes to get dressed. And then you'll have another 30 minutes buffer before your ceremony. But if you need to travel, then yeah, you're cutting it close.
  • Great tip @emmyg65. The ceremony is down the street from the hotel as well. It's all within the same area.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think you probably have enough time, but make sure you eat before you go get your makeup done. It doesn't look like you will have enough time for lunch and you don't want to be starving through your wedding ceremony.
  • Here is what I would recommend, work your schedule backward. I think you are cutting it tight on time.

1:00 PM Ceremony to start

12:50 PM - Your arrival at ceremony location

12:30 PM - Depart Hotel for ceremony location

12:20 PM - Gather items & head down to car (ok you may need less time then 10 minutes for this but then you won't be rushed

11:50 AM - You get into your dress (this will need to be done earlier if you are having photographer come & do photos of you in your dress before the wedding)

11:30 AM - Depart salon to go to hotel to get dressed

10:30 AM - Makeup???

Now to talk to make up artist on how long they expect to take to do your makeup & add 20 minutes in case you decide to make them change something. Also make sure to leave some time to eat something before putting on your dress & going to ceremony. Trust me, you'll feel better for doing that. Don't plan on eating while they are doing your makeup, those are two things that can't be done at the same time. I would recommend making your appointment earlier, this way you have time to eat & a little bit of a buffer should travel take more time then anticipated or your makeup person is running late.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards