Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Need help with an officiant!

My fiance and I are getting married in September at an outdoor venue in a different county than we live (we live in Allegheny, but getting married in Armstrong County).  We're having the HARDEST time finding an officiant though!! Does anyone have any recommendations?? We are honestly open to anything - hired officiants, judges, mayors, whatever.  

I was told that if we do an elected official, they have to serve in the county that you are marrying in.  This is difficult because we're getting married in Armstrong County even though we live in Allegheny County.  I don't know if this is true or not? Can't seem to get a clear answer on this - Armstrong County Marriage Office told me one thing, and Allegheny County told me another.  Any help and suggestions are appreciated!!

Re: Need help with an officiant!

• The county business shouldn't matter since the actual license is valid in any county. I had my ceremony performed in Allegheny but my license comes from Westmoreland. 
  • Mark from a Simple Vow. They are great friends of mine that I've been working with on and off with over the years and they are doing my wedding in June. 

• Check out Rev David Anderson. Www.weddingchaplain.com he has a calendar with his current availability.
  • I second Rev David, he's doing mine :)
  • "The county business shouldn't matter since the actual license is valid in any county. I had my ceremony performed in Allegheny but my license comes from Westmoreland." @soccerharry

You can get the wedding license from any county in PA, as long as you get married in PA. You just can't get married outside of a state that the marriage license was issued. The one thing I do caution you is to make sure your officiant is legal. You can't have someone get ordained online or do anything like that. A "clergy" person must have an actual church with actual people. It's weird. You could also get a self-uniting marriage license and cut out the officiate :)
  • I worked with Pastor K at Prelude Ministries she is amazing! Check her out at http://www.preludeministries.org/about-pastor-k.html
  • Get a self-uniting license and you can get whoever you want to conduct your ceremony (family, friedn - or just do it yourselves). Totally legit in PA and recognized everywhere else too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards