Attire & Accessories Forum

accessories for my dress

I'm not exactly "fashion savvy" I'm very simple and usually it's a basic shirt and a pair of jeans so I don't know how to accessorize outfits and stuff.

so I have my dress. I feel beautiful in this dress and it gives me all the right curves in all the right places and hides the little baby bump (and hopefully my postpartum belly if i have one). My dress is a mori lee dress style 4701 and it's a great cafe/champagne/gold type of color (it looks exactly like the one on the model). I'd like maybe a pearl/crystal headband and was considering a pearl necklace and bracelet (but maybe I should have something with sparkle instead?) I'm also torn about adding a crystal belt or not...

Also what foundation garments should I consider? It's boned and padded already and there's a lot of tulle under the dress so I don't need a bra or skirt...so any help in that area is appreciated.

(Picture is a stock picture...)

Re: accessories for my dress

• CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2014
    Sparkly chandelier earrings, sparkly bracelet, and sparkly headband.  No necklace; it's overkill.

ETA: I think a belt would compete with the diagonal draping of the dress.
  • I'm a pretty "simple" lady (i.e. I don't wear many accessories) so for me personally - I'd go with chandelier earrings, and a thicker bracelet (kind of like the photo). I'd leave it at that.

I'm not really a fan of tiara's or headbands. Maybe a dainty hair comb? I dunno. Earrings and a bracelet. That's my vote. :)

• I actually think a belt would look really nice with this dress.
  • I would use the picture as a guide for how much bling to go with. Like staying with smaller jewelry. If you went with a headpiece I would keep it small and/or simple. I think a belt would be too much and would not work with the draping going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards