Snarky Brides

Mixing Pleasure and Politics

Well. A couple months back, Runners World magazine got a new columnist to meld running with current events. This guy comes in and does a whole anti-gun column and just barely linked it to runners. Regardless of people's individual beliefs on gun control or lack thereof, pretty much everyone was like, "Hey Runners World, we get politics on other sites, please don't ruin running for us." I haven't seen that columnist since. Now I feel like that with The Knot. Michelle Obama apparently partnered with TK, TN, and TB to get a Get Covered campaign going, under the guise of happy couples want to be healthy, naturally. I'm annoyed, TK! First of all, the post says that people can expect their healthcare costs to be inexpensive. Mine went up, my parents' went up, everyone that I know had their cost of coverage go up, and it's a heckuva lot more expensive than the $100 or $50 a month they're advertising. Regardless of whether or not you think the ACA is a good thing, the post is highly deceptive and that pisses me off. I'm also pissed off that my wedding website is shoving politics in my face. End rant.

Re: Mixing Pleasure and Politics

• It is annoying when politics show up in places they have no business being. When I want politics, I'll go to work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I should add.... Yes, I see the irony in complaining about something political with something political.  
    I just like how TK is a politics-free zone. It gets exhausting. :(

• I should add.... Yes, I see the irony in complaining about something political with something political.  
    I just like how TK is a politics-free zone. It gets exhausting. :(
    Agreed. I was all with your post of not including politics in none political arenas until you decided you stated your political opinion.
  • Oh geez, I didn't hear about that campaign. I love politics but even I want a break sometimes, so I see your point. Although I am not a pro-gun person (I'm kind of on the fence), I would be super annoyed if it was in a magazine I enjoy. There are some many instances where politics should not come into play.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards