Wisconsin

Unique Milwaukee Reception Places

Hi Everyone,

I've seen tons of boards on this subject, so I'm sorry for another one!  We're looking to get married in May/June 2013 with about 250 people and are hoping to have a unique venue with some of the features I love: cream city brick, loft, warehouse, and something that will fit all of our guests comfortably.  Problem is a friend is getting married at Lakefront Brewery and another at the Pratzlaff Building.  Any ideas?  Thank you!!

Re: Unique Milwaukee Reception Places

• You might wanna look into Cuvee downtown, not sure what your budget is.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • I don't think Cuvee would be able to fit 250 people ... I'm pretty sure there limit is 210. But the space is lovely (our wedding is there in 5 months).
  • Check out the Black Swan in Grafton - it has the brick look you are seeking.  However, their site says it seats up to 200.
  • Cuvée would be too small we're having ours there as well...only about 150 people which I think may be too much for the space
  • Seated dinner or are you open to doing a mingling reception with stations/passed heavy hors d'oeuvres?  Cuvee will fit if you are open to the latter and reserve the lounge and the event space and flow between.  Love that venue! 

There is also the event space above Stack'd - again, I think you'd have to do the mingling reception with that amount of people.

I work at The Iron Horse Hotel, but the only space large enough would be outdoors in The Yard. 

Hinterland is an amazing venue and you can do a buyout of the entire restaurant for a very reasonable food & beverage minimum.

If you walk around the Third Ward there are still a bunch of buildings that have upper floors for lease.  Some of those owners will rent out their space for events, but you of course have to rent everything and you'd need to be sure that the space is completely built out already.
  • Milwaukee County Historical Society -http://www.milwaukeehistory.net/museum/facility-rental/

Best Place at the Pabst Brewery - www.bestplacemilwaukee.com/banquets.html

Milwaukee Public Market - http://www.milwaukeepublicmarket.org/rental.php
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Check out The Wherehouse. Pretty sweet! 
  • Hey Everyone!

I've been looking at the Harley Museum (which is amazing!) but super expensive...$20G for just the reception!! :(  The Wherehouse is only open on Fridays or Sundays for rent and we're looking for a Saturday.  We're hoping to have a seated dinner wherever we are, but am I crazy to think that the price for Harley is super expensive?  Thanks for all your ideas! I'm checking them out right now!
  • Ours was at the Iron Horse last September and it was amazing. We had planned for the Yard (the patio) but the weather was s&@t on our day and we had to move inside (there's an awesome space in the basement) but it was still amazing! Not sure if you can book the patio after Mem or before Labor Day though. The min is $9000.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have 250 people and are using the Rumble at the Harley Davidson Museum for May reception. We are saving money by having our ceremony at our church.  However, We aren't paying $20K just for the space though so I'm not sure how someone got those numbers... perhaps there were other add ons?  We actually found the cost to be reasonable for the services and space.
  • I'm curious where you got that price for the harley museum? My friend works at Harley and we actually went to another friend's wedding there this summer (while my other friend was working it! ha). But their pricing not anywhere near $20k unless maybe you have add-ons like crazy! She said they don't have room rentals, just food and beverage minimums, and they can fit 250 people in two of their rooms. On Saturdays one room is 8k food and beverage minimum and the other is 10k. She asked me to tell you they have a wedding package online to show what is included:
    <a href="http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/Downloads/HD_Museum/Wedding3.pdf" rel="nofollow">http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/Downloads/HD_Museum/Wedding3.pdf</a>

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_unique-milwaukee-reception-places?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:31f8f213-6dee-4a48-bf4b-4689f26fbc79Post:1b2cd78e-4068-40ef-a968-76a2b03f7bdf">Re: Unique Milwaukee Reception Places</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Everyone! I've been looking at the Harley Museum (which is amazing!) but super expensive...$20G for just the reception!! :(  The Wherehouse is only open on Fridays or Sundays for rent and we're looking for a Saturday.  We're hoping to have a seated dinner wherever we are, but am I crazy to think that the price for Harley is super expensive?  Thanks for all your ideas! I'm checking them out right now!
    Posted by neetocheeto[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards