Wisconsin

Best fall venue?

I am wondering what is the best venue for a fall wedding.  I am in the Milwaukee area, but I am willing to go elsewhere.  I was thinking the Dells.  I want a hall/ceremony site that would take advantage of any pretty fall colors.

Re: Best fall venue?

• edited December 2011
    I am wondering what is the best venue for a fall wedding.  I am in the Milwaukee area, but I am willing to go elsewhere.  I was thinking the Dells.  I want a hall/ceremony site that would take advantage of any pretty fall colors.
  • DanicaDanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Door County, hands down!  So many great golf courses/clubs that overlook the Fall colors. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Monona Terrace in Madison.  It has rooms that overlook the lake so you should be able to see nice fall colors. 

One of my other favorites was Tyrol Basin.  You get married at the top of the hill, which has great views. 

Sorry I can't help with the MKE area. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mkate428mkate428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Milford Hills Hunt Club and couldn't be more excited!

www.milfordhillsweddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    Grafton Dells River Park
    High Cliff State Park
    Boerner Botanical Gardens
    Schlitz Audobon
    Silver Creek Park (Cedarburg)
    Lime Kiln Park (Grafton)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Heidel House Resort
    The Osthoff Resort
  • edited December 2011
    Eagle River, Wisconsin- Eagle Waters Resort! Awesome in the fall... but kinda far from you.
    Photobucket
    Us with our best man at formal one year in college!
  • edited December 2011
    I was just recently to a wedding at the American Club in Kohler WI. By far the most beautiful location! The golf course overlooks Lake Michigan and the wedding and reception were both done on the grounds. The reception was in a vinage style barn/club house and they accomodated the cooler weather with patio heaters which I was thankful for. Plus me and my FI stayed in Kohler for the weekend and it was the perfect mini-get away!
  • edited December 2011
    I guess I should add prices..oops!   The ceremony price is about $3000.  I was hoping for something around $2000-3000 for the hall rental; it's ok if ideas are just halls and no ceremony site is available.  If they also do food, about $15-25 per person.
  • edited December 2011
    Silver Spring Golf Club in Menomonee Falls overlooks the golf course and valley.  The ceremony site is on the rooftop patio, absolutely beautiful for fall colors.  We took most of our pictures on site.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Went to a wedding October 9 at the Wilderness in the Dells -- beautiful colors! The room that they booked was $1500 - seated at least 230 or so, and there is the option of having a ceremony on the patio. All of the wedding guests got awesome pictures with the fall colors as the backdrop. The only problem is that I think they are probably going to be booked, as my friend had to book a year and a half in advance.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards